Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How's Your Weather?

Options
Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
Darn near whiteout conditions. Picture taken a few minutes ago.

Edit: This is I-75 near Grand Blanc, MI
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
  • marysvilleegger
    Options
    Gonna be heading thru that on turkey day heading for Cheboygan.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Chilly here in Houston. 59, but it's warmer than it was early this week.  B-)
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Coastalcooker
    Options
    Almost 50 after the second sub-freezing night of the season. Forecast 70's for the weekend. Hopefully the forecast rain does happen.
    So glad I left Tennessee and moved south. I once commuted to work on a motorcycle in Atlanta when temps were above mid-twenties-now at forty-five I'm looking for my winter jacket.
    Bob in sunny GA-today.
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Dude, be careful driving and taking pics. I pray we don't get slammed this winter. I love snow, but it a **** to shovel my drive way.

The High today is 41* and the low is 25*
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Dude, I'm so sorry. I'm sure there are good reasons to live up the. Be careful. This was just taken out the front door of the office 5 min ago. East Atlanta suburb.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Unseasonably cool. Had to break out the long sleeves. Yesterday was quite cool @ 14*f in the morning. Today. image
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Stay safe Fred, keep it between the ditches. 

Anyone heard from @cookinbob or @mark11? Cookinbob is in Rochester, Mark may be right in the middle of the Buffalo 6 foot dump. Hope all is well with them. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Accursed lake effect Freddie. Sunny and mild here in the GWN

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Read yesterday that Buffalo lake effect was at FIVE FEET and supposed to go to EIGHT!!! In one three day storm!! Their normal annual snowfall is eight feet!

Here, it's sunny and about 45°.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    broke down and lit the coal stove yesterday, 45 degrees in the house when i got up
    :D still better than a few years ago during the bathroom project, steam turning to snow over your head while showering is a sight
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NervousDad
    Options
    It's been 10 all week with on and off snow.. maybe another 1-3" tonight and it should finally warm up to 50 this weekend...

Aurora,OH
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Got few inches yesterday, nothing like our neighbours in Buffalo. Sunny now, warming up on the weekend.
    canuckland
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Sunny and clear here at I-75 - I-71 split ( right below Cinci ). Actually I'm about 40 miles Southwest.

29 F and a forecast of 20F tonight.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Fred19Flintstone...are you sliding down a hill sideways ??

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    It was 21℉ at my house this morning and maybe a lite frost tomorrow AM. Then supposed to warm back up till Turkey Day and then it'll be cold again. Sort of the normal yoyo effect we get this time of year.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    While we are not experiencing what the NorthEast is getting, we at least are finally getting some desperately needed wet stuff out in drought stricken CA.  I can tell you, the Sierras could really use the kind of snowfall NY et al are getting.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    44/23 here in The First State.  They're saying we'll be in the 60's on Monday, but I'm not buying it.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    in the 30's and I dont like it.

Garnerville, NY
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I finally got my heater in...so naturally 61 on Saturday. :-w
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

broke down and lit the coal stove yesterday, 45 degrees in the house when i got up
    :D still better than a few years ago during the bathroom project, steam turning to snow over your head while showering is a sight
    You are entertaining, I'll say that for you!!  :D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I had to turn on the heat in my house @ 54 degrees inside.  That was mere seconds before the wife and kids began to revolt!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • UncleFred
    Options
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8545/8606234342_d721dce5f7.jpg
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice post @UncleFred!

I'm born and raised in Cincinnati, and every year I get less tolerant of cold weather.  San Diego and Florida are on the short list of destinations to move to in a couple of years.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• UncleFred
    Options
    And give up White Castle, Bob Evans, and 5 way chili???
    YEMTrey said:
    Nice post @UncleFred!

I'm born and raised in Cincinnati, and every year I get less tolerant of cold weather.  San Diego and Florida are on the short list of destinations to move to in a couple of years.

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Darn near whiteout conditions. Picture taken a few minutes ago. Edit: This is I-75 near Grand Blanc, MI

Down here in Dixie we have the air conditioning going today.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    UncleFred said:
    And give up White Castle, Bob Evans, and 5 way chili???
    YEMTrey said:
    Nice post @UncleFred!

LOL!  Don't eat any of those three things.  Skyline 3-way every now and again, but never the other two.  I'm more of a Krystal's guy myself.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Oh, and San Diego has the best beer of any locale in the country.  :x
    Steve 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    75 and sunny here in Okinawa :)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike