Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Taking a break from EHF

Comments

• Zarcon said:
    Good Grief..I am absolutely amazed at most comments I have read here. I didn't think I would have to do this, but this is all I will say (sorry for the long post).

When I first started here, I was pretty active and posting. I really enjoyed it. Yes, building social websites in one of my favorite pastimes (I've said that before), I thought of how cool it would be to have one for Eggers and share it with others. Everyone here is a member of more than one website and possibly even another 'Egg' related site, I'm sure. That is not a bad thing. Most people enjoy having multiple outlets to get information and/or participate at. Yes, some people joined mine, so what. What if a member made a post and said they were going to start focusing more on their cooking blog and shared it with you? I suppose they are done for too. 

I have tried to be respectful and appreciative for all of the comments I have received on my postings here. I make a topic called 'I'm taking a break from EHF' and all hell breaks loose. Never once, NOT ONCE did I say 'I'm leaving', 'I quit', 'I'm deleting my account', 'My site is better', or nothing.. I said a BREAK. Have I really become this 'Piece of crap' all because I want to focus on my site for a while to fix some time consuming kinks?

But now, I have conned everyone, I am the bad guy now, nothing but 'Zarcon Vomit'. All because I made a post saying I was going to work on my site and that I may not be posting much here for a little while.. Really? @DMW was right.. I should have never posted this. I never forced anyone to join nor did I slip anyone the kool-aid. I simply shared a idea with ya'll that I 'thought' would be kinda neat & different. One of those 'multiple outlets' I mentioned earlier.

Some have now went as far as deleting their account? Why? All because of a post that I made about taking a BREAK for a little while? My post made you so mad, shamed, or 'dirty' that you felt the need to delete your account? It's sad to see that you can pretty much post anything here, but make a post saying you are going to focus on something like your website and you are toast. And just to clear any confusion, my website is NOT a forum. Never meant to be, never will be. It's a social networking site that just so happens to have a forum as one of the many, many other features it has. 

Damn, I feel like I can never even post here again. Judging by most of the comments here, they're basically telling me I would be better off to just never come back. This was totally not what I expected. Thanks.
    allright, step off the ledge and enough of the "poor me" routine already. I was kidding when I said I felt dirty. If your skin is that thin then you have no business hosting/moderating a forum. have you seen the **** John in Carolina says to moderators/forum owners? He could put you in to therapy if you take all this seriously  :))

Relax and have fun with your new deal. I'm not a huge fan of the way you went about it but honestly, I really don't care. You shouldn't either.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

• The league is riddled with PEDs and wife beaters, it is rather difficult to watch. These men are nothing like my 15-0 1972 Dolphins. The only positive is I get to celebrate our championship every year.

Agreed. We should celebrate when teams did it the right way! I mean, these thugs today and their PED's are nothing compared to the great mercury Morris of the 1972 Dolphins and his multiple felony convictions for cocaine conspiracy and trafficking!

I'm sure the rest of the guys were pure as the driven snow too. No wife beaters, anger issues, drug habits. 100% great guys....except for the cocaine trafficker :))

I am a proud homer so I look past all their flaws. If they are a Dolphin, all behavior, bad or good, is acceptable. That is how it works, right?
  • The league is riddled with PEDs and wife beaters, it is rather difficult to watch. These men are nothing like my 15-0 1972 Dolphins. The only positive is I get to celebrate our championship every year.
    Agreed. We should celebrate when teams did it the right way! I mean, these thugs today and their PED's are nothing compared to the great mercury Morris of the 1972 Dolphins and his multiple felony convictions for cocaine conspiracy and trafficking!

I'm sure the rest of the guys were pure as the driven snow too. No wife beaters, anger issues, drug habits. 100% great guys....except for the cocaine trafficker :))

I am a proud homer so I look past all their flaws. If they are a Dolphin, all behavior, bad or good, is acceptable. That is how it works, right?
    I'm right there with you.  I thought Michael Irvin looked awesome in his fur coat and beaver skin hat when in court defending himself against drug charges :))

• lkapigian said:
    I busted out on that one.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker said: Zarcon said: Good Grief..I am absolutely amazed at most comments I have read here. I didn't think I would have to do this, but this is all I will say (sorry for the long post).

When I first started here, I was pretty active and posting. I really enjoyed it. Yes, building social websites in one of my favorite pastimes (I've said that before), I thought of how cool it would be to have one for Eggers and share it with others. Everyone here is a member of more than one website and possibly even another 'Egg' related site, I'm sure. That is not a bad thing. Most people enjoy having multiple outlets to get information and/or participate at. Yes, some people joined mine, so what. What if a member made a post and said they were going to start focusing more on their cooking blog and shared it with you? I suppose they are done for too. 

I have tried to be respectful and appreciative for all of the comments I have received on my postings here. I make a topic called 'I'm taking a break from EHF' and all hell breaks loose. Never once, NOT ONCE did I say 'I'm leaving', 'I quit', 'I'm deleting my account', 'My site is better', or nothing.. I said a BREAK. Have I really become this 'Piece of crap' all because I want to focus on my site for a while to fix some time consuming kinks?

But now, I have conned everyone, I am the bad guy now, nothing but 'Zarcon Vomit'. All because I made a post saying I was going to work on my site and that I may not be posting much here for a little while.. Really? @DMW was right.. I should have never posted this. I never forced anyone to join nor did I slip anyone the kool-aid. I simply shared a idea with ya'll that I 'thought' would be kinda neat & different. One of those 'multiple outlets' I mentioned earlier.

Some have now went as far as deleting their account? Why? All because of a post that I made about taking a BREAK for a little while? My post made you so mad, shamed, or 'dirty' that you felt the need to delete your account? It's sad to see that you can pretty much post anything here, but make a post saying you are going to focus on something like your website and you are toast. And just to clear any confusion, my website is NOT a forum. Never meant to be, never will be. It's a social networking site that just so happens to have a forum as one of the many, many other features it has. 

Damn, I feel like I can never even post here again. Judging by most of the comments here, they're basically telling me I would be better off to just never come back. This was totally not what I expected. Thanks.
    allright, step off the ledge and enough of the "poor me" routine already. I was kidding when I said I felt dirty. If your skin is that thin then you have no business hosting/moderating a forum. have you seen the **** John in Carolina says to moderators/forum owners? He could put you in to therapy if you take all this seriously  :))
    Relax and have fun with your new deal. I'm not a huge fan of the way you went about it but honestly, I really don't care. You shouldn't either.

Sorry- I meant hosting 
    NOT A FORUM. :))

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    dldawes1 said:
    I think Gator Egger is Zarcon undercover.

Or this guy :

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Everyone flag @Gator_egger for being a douchecanoe  

Quit flagging people, douche.
    Funny you say that because I just about used the same word in a previous post but went back and changed it......now I wish I hadn't.  

No worries.  It's all good.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Is it just me or are people being a lot more sensitive the past couple of months?  I agree with a few people here.  I wish Zarcon luck and hope it goes well.  I've been on the site a couple of times and don't have enough time to go with all the lurking I do here.  The wife already says "You're on that site again aren't you?"  She just smiles and then definitely doesn't complain when the food hits the table.  Gator_egger is relatively new and may have just bumped the flag button.  I've done it before and just hit it again to make it go away.  If not...oh well.  I've been around for a little longer and don't even know what happens when someone gets flagged.  Anyone?
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited November 2014
    jcaspary said:
    Is it just me or are people being a lot more sensitive the past couple of months?  I agree with a few people here.  I wish Zarcon luck and hope it goes well.  I've been on the site a couple of times and don't have enough time to go with all the lurking I do here.  The wife already says "You're on that site again aren't you?"  She just smiles and then definitely doesn't complain when the food hits the table.  Gator_egger is relatively new and may have just bumped the flag button.  I've done it before and just hit it again to make it go away.  If not...oh well.  I've been around for a little longer and don't even know what happens when someone gets flagged.  Anyone?
    From what I gather if you flag someone for no apparent reason everyone thinks your a douche... :-@

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• This is highly entertaining. I'm also very impressed by @cazzy's self control at the moment.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Don't sweet it Zarcon.  People even gave **** to the holly SGH when he started a thread about being gone for a bit.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Don't sweet it Zarcon.  People even gave **** to the holly SGH when he started a thread about being gone for a bit.

Did you mean Holy?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    @SGH I didn't know your were "holly" way to to get in the Christmas spirit early.... :((

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    JRWhitee said:
    @SGH I didn't know your were "holly" way to to get in the Christmas spirit early.... :((

I thought he was calling me a bush at first ;) I have been called a lot of things before brother Whitee, but never a bush. Hey, it's certainly a improvement over what I have been called before so I will take it!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:

I thought he was calling me a bush at first ;) I have been called a lot of things before brother Whitee, but never a bush. Hey, it's certainly a improvement over what I have been called before so I will take it!!
    Better to be called a bush than a shrub....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH said:

Did you mean Holy?
    I hope so, I'm not kissing anybody under you.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    JRWhitee said:
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:

Better to be called a bush than a shrub....

Agreed my friend. Agreed.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    edited November 2014

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    I tried to "quote" Little Steven twice. Both times I got a message saying that my message would appear after being approved. What gives?

Status- Standing by.

• Don't go all JIC on us :D I've had that happen when there is a long string of quotes. I saw some on say do to drafts and repost and it will work. Haven't tried that.

seems "bush" league ;)
  • This is highly entertaining. I'm also very impressed by @cazzy's self control at the moment.
    It is mindblowing...
  • jcaspary said:
     I've been around for a little longer and don't even know what happens when someone gets flagged.  Anyone?

• SGH said:
    I tried to "quote" Little Steven twice. Both times I got a message saying that my message would appear after being approved. What gives?
    I have been assured that the moderators read ALL of the posts here, so I'm sure they'll get around to approving it eventually.  
  • ^^^don't ask him how he knows.