Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Taking a break from EHF

Comments

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Good Grief..I am absolutely amazed at most comments I have read here. I didn't think I would have to do this, but this is all I will say (sorry for the long post).

When I first started here, I was pretty active and posting. I really enjoyed it. Yes, building social websites in one of my favorite pastimes (I've said that before), I thought of how cool it would be to have one for Eggers and share it with others. Everyone here is a member of more than one website and possibly even another 'Egg' related site, I'm sure. That is not a bad thing. Most people enjoy having multiple outlets to get information and/or participate at. Yes, some people joined mine, so what. What if a member made a post and said they were going to start focusing more on their cooking blog and shared it with you? I suppose they are done for too. 

I have tried to be respectful and appreciative for all of the comments I have received on my postings here. I make a topic called 'I'm taking a break from EHF' and all hell breaks loose. Never once, NOT ONCE did I say 'I'm leaving', 'I quit', 'I'm deleting my account', 'My site is better', or nothing.. I said a BREAK. Have I really become this 'Piece of crap' all because I want to focus on my site for a while to fix some time consuming kinks?

But now, I have conned everyone, I am the bad guy now, nothing but 'Zarcon Vomit'. All because I made a post saying I was going to work on my site and that I may not be posting much here for a little while.. Really? @DMW was right.. I should have never posted this. I never forced anyone to join nor did I slip anyone the kool-aid. I simply shared a idea with ya'll that I 'thought' would be kinda neat & different. One of those 'multiple outlets' I mentioned earlier.

Some have now went as far as deleting their account? Why? All because of a post that I made about taking a BREAK for a little while? My post made you so mad, shamed, or 'dirty' that you felt the need to delete your account? It's sad to see that you can pretty much post anything here, but make a post saying you are going to focus on something like your website and you are toast. And just to clear any confusion, my website is NOT a forum. Never meant to be, never will be. It's a social networking site that just so happens to have a forum as one of the many, many other features it has. 

Damn, I feel like I can never even post here again. Judging by most of the comments here, they're basically telling me I would be better off to just never come back. This was totally not what I expected. Thanks.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Don't get hurt, take your break and come back. Btw change your avatar and I guarantee 75% of the people wont remember who you are if they are anything like me when it comes to forums.
    Seattle, WA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited November 2014
    @TigerTony‌ I didn't see it as offending either, which is why I put the word in parentheses. I did recognize why others may though. To each their own.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    The only thing I found odd is why post about it. Just go MIA and come back when you have time... But that is me and I feel to each his own.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • It is NOT a forum, so just ignore that the homepage of my website is the forum.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009

@zarcon

please remove me from your forum

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• "The BGE Nest was designed to give it's members a taste of what a real Eggin' site should be, in the social environment we are used to. Come check it out!"

I am clearly here to troll but I am uncertain why you are here.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @gator_egger
    You seem to be a habitual troller. I think we would get along just fine. 
    >:)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    I think Gator Egger is Zarcon undercover.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I don't have time to keep up with this forum let alone another one too. I really hate self promoting and you (Zarcon) seem to do a lot of that on here. That is the main reason for me deleting my account. No hard feelings dude. Just thought I'd let you know why.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited November 2014
    Funny I can read a Liebert, Carrier, Trane, Mitsubishi, ElectroFreeze, Etc schematic like nothing but, when it comes to certain forum and web sites it befuddles me and thus frustrates me. Thus my deletion. I don't want to have to think too awfully hard while cooking and drinking adult beverages. ;) FWIW I enjoy the forum and all the delinquents that inhabit it. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • @ksmyrl‌ Less fun? I think several bags of popcorn were popped tonight. Popcorn only happens around these parts when fun is happening. To each their own.
  • @ksmryl good point. What kind of bourbon are you sipping these days? I've been partial to Knob Creek lately.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
     I ain't got time or care to learn another forum/blog/whatever to do what I can do here.

I used to be on a different smoking forum, but it had no livelihood.   This forum meets my needs and satisfies my desires.

Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    @Grillin_beers I'm currently on Four Roses Single Barrel. One of my favorites. My local liquor store bought their own barrel. They sell it for substantially less than regular priced Four Roses single barrel.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Damn that's a sweet deal. I do love 4 roses but it's not always easy to find.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    It is pretty sweet. I also like Buffalo Trace. I bought a client a $90 bottle of Orphan Barrel Rhetoric for a gift recently. He opened it that night and it was good. But to be honest it wasn't $90 good. I mainly switch between Four Roses and 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. Both are great, reasonably priced and readily available down here in Atlanta. Come to think of it, I'll pour a glass now...
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Hey. Chris, I won't turn my back in you. Your a good guy. Hope to see you back here soon.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Ok @Zarcon‌ - Your avatar sux ! There I said it. I enjoyed it when the Lions beat your Falcons last month in London. That was sweeeeeet!!!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    ksmyrl said:
    I've only been around here for a few months so what do I know? I know I've learned a lot from this forum and I appreciate that help. I know it's fun to post cooks and have others comment. I know it's fun to comment on other's cooks. I know it's fun to have a group of folks to chat with who have similar interests. We all have passions beyond egging, @Zarcon happens to like building sites, big deal. He's always been respectful and never been negative (that I've witnessed) to anyone. I wish I could say that for all of us, there is enough hate to go around without hating a dude who created a site about cooking.

Lastly, I know this forum got less fun today.

Can we get back to talking about egging, bourbon (or whatever your choice is), and making fun of folks who are already seeing snow?

Later-

Agreed
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• The league is riddled with PEDs and wife beaters, it is rather difficult to watch. These men are nothing like my 15-0 1972 Dolphins. The only positive is I get to celebrate our championship every year.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    edited November 2014
    The league is riddled with PEDs and wife beaters, it is rather difficult to watch. These men are nothing like my 15-0 1972 Dolphins. The only positive is I get to celebrate our championship every year.
    The only thing particularly special about that team was their luck. I think their average opponent that year had something like a 0.300 record. Nobody in their schedule made the playoffs. 

Well, that and Larry Csonka. I'll give you Csonka.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    ksmyrl said:

@Grillin_beers I'm currently on Four Roses Single Barrel. One of my favorites. My local liquor store bought their own barrel. They sell it for substantially less than regular priced Four Roses single barrel.

Amen brother. Two liquor stores by me have done this and it is excellent and very reasonable. I think it is under $30 a bottle and I would gladly pay over $40.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    edited November 2014
    Well that was some good reading \:D/
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Oh, the drama.  

I have to admit, I clicked on the link to Zarcon's site that he embedded at the bottom of his original "taking a break" post . . . along with the "ultimate social network" tagline/come-on.  As a relative newbie, I'm looking for more information about my hobby so why not check it out?  I've spent (wasted?) plenty of time on Naked Whiz looking at pictures piles of lump and reading about the qualities of a zillion different bags Naked Whiz, so what possibly would be the harm in checking out Zarcon's idea of the better mousetrap?    

Well, it took no more than 2 minutes of clicking and navigating to see that the site was clunky, difficult to navigate and, in the final analysis, not particularly useful -- hardly the immodestly self-described "ultimate" that was billed.  

This doesn't mean I resent him for setting it up.  Nor am I particularly interested in helping him make it work better (there's a link for that on there, too -- just not interested).  To the contrary, being on there even briefly served as the perfect reminder of how awesome it is here, even in the deepest depths of OT silliness, inside baseball, and personal jibes.

At bottom, this site and forum adds a ton to the eggsperience.  We've got it great here, warts and all, and maybe we should thank Zarcon for the reminder!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited November 2014
    The league is riddled with PEDs and wife beaters, it is rather difficult to watch. These men are nothing like my 15-0 1972 Dolphins. The only positive is I get to celebrate our championship every year.
    Agreed. We should celebrate when teams did it the right way! I mean, these thugs today and their PED's are nothing compared to the great mercury Morris of the 1972 Dolphins and his multiple felony convictions for cocaine conspiracy and trafficking!

I'm sure the rest of the guys were pure as the driven snow too. No wife beaters, anger issues, drug habits. 100% great guys....except for the cocaine trafficker :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX