Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Taking a break from EHF

Zarcon
Zarcon Posts: 540
edited November 2014 in Off Topic
Sorry.

Just taking a break for a bit.. BBL

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Wish you the best and good luck brother Zar.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• So you're essentially saying "now that I've recruited some of your members EHF, I'm done with you bitches!" You got what you wanted from this site. >-)

Call me a troll, call me whatever, but you can't call me a liar on this one. Quack quack quack ;)
  • So you're essentially saying "now that I've recruited some of your members EHF, I'm done with you bitches!" You got what you wanted from this site. >-) Call me a troll, call me whatever, but you can't call me a liar on this one. Quack quack quack ;)
    agreed. Bush League.

Weak.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    B-)
    Seattle, WA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Hope all is well. Enjoy the vacation.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• @zarcon I feel all dirty now that i signed up over there. Would you please remove me?

Thanks and good luck

Tex

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    @zarcon I feel all dirty now that i signed up over there. Would you please remove me?

Thanks and good luck

Tex

You can delete your own account there.
    Jacksonville FL
  • @zarcon I feel all dirty now that i signed up over there. Would you please remove me?

Thanks and good luck

Tex

never mind. It's done.

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Zarcon said:
    @rtt121 - nobody is talking about another forum. What are you referring to?
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    edited November 2014
    Oh okay thanks for letting us know.   I-)
    Aurora,OH
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I'm relaying a message from our friend @cazzy

"that **** is wack yo"

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited November 2014
    I thought it was odd that after a month of getting a new egg and joining the EggHead Forum, he made his own forum. Here's a post he made when he was developing his webpage.

"For the record, I am not trying to break-off this forum or anything like that. I am just bored and wanted to do something different to do..
    Just a little fun to mess around with.. "

The funny part is a lot of you kool-aid drinkers signed up for his website so quickly. Most on here blast anybody trying to peddle goods and couldn't even see what he was doing. =)) =))
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Way to stand behind your post Zarcon. Completely edited away. Enjoy your "project", aka "your sole purpose for joining here", aka "the Ultimate Social Network...", aka "just another flipping forum", aka "something different", aka "every damn post is Zarcon vomit". Oh, I almost forgot. Good luck and see you never. :-h
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    What - no T-Shirts????
    Santa Paula, CA
  • tksmoke said:
    What - no T-Shirts????
    Oh there will be shirts. You can bet your ass on that.

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    edited November 2014
    good luck man.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @zarcon I feel all dirty now that i signed up over there. Would you please remove me?

Thanks and good luck

Tex

never mind. It's done.

I with Tex on this one..... I'm out! Not that I expect anyone to give a **** though.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

Thanks and good luck

Tex

never mind. It's done.

+1
    Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (Official Vide…: http://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    TigerTony said:
    Why all the hate toward Zarcon? What is wrong with the fact that he started another forum? It surely isn't hurting anyone and it's not taking anything away from this forum. No money or loss revenue. What is the big deal?
    I checked out his forum and it looks interesting and cool. Nicely set-up.
    I'm very surprised and disappointed in how rude some of you can be to people just because you disagree.
    Why can't you just enjoy and participate in all the forums available to you?
    Maybe I'm missing something

x1
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    I'd like the record to reflect that I never signed up over there.
    signed up over where?!  ;)
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="TigerTony">Why all the hate toward Zarcon? What is wrong with the fact that he started another forum? It surely isn't hurting anyone and it's not taking anything away from this forum. No money or loss revenue. What is the big deal?
    I checked out his forum and it looks interesting and cool. Nicely set-up.
    I'm very surprised and disappointed in how rude some of you can be to people just because you disagree.
    Why can't you just enjoy and participate in all the forums available to you?
    Maybe I'm missing something.

This might help. Granted, he edited the part of his post that contained the "offending" part but it related to the last sentence in the linked post.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1171961/ot-yeah-i-did-it/p1
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Just to be clear. I find this forum easy to navigate, people are friendly for the most part (unless you can't follow simple rules), plenty of sharing recipes and entertaining OT discussions. I signed up on BGENest forum and personally found it difficult navigate on my mobile device & thus I never really posted etc. No hate toward Zarcon. I'm on this forum and a little FB & Twitter only (& very seldom on Twitter these days).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    @Eggcelsior  I just don't see anything "offending".

Personally I like the idea of having multiple forums (cooking,bge,bbq, etc..) available to me. The more information the more I can enjoy my hobby/passion.

I don't know Zarcon. I just don't think that Zarcon deserves to be bashed. I've read several threads and post with his comments and he comes across to me as informative, intelligent and kind.

My opinion is, he does not deserve to be ganged up on and treated rudely.

This is a great forum with lots of good kind hearted people ready to help. I don't understand why some of these same people feel the need to attack.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    edited November 2014
    TigerTony said:
    @Eggcelsior  I just don't see anything "offending".

Personally I like the idea of having multiple forums (cooking,bge,bbq, etc..) available to me. The more information the more I can enjoy my hobby/passion.

I don't know Zarcon. I just don't think that Zarcon deserves to be bashed. I've read several threads and post with his comments and he comes across to me as informative, intelligent and kind.

My opinion is, he does not deserve to be ganged up on and treated rudely.

This is a great forum with lots of good kind hearted people ready to help. I don't understand why some of these same people feel the need to attack.
    I don't think anyone has a problem him starting a forum. I think creating a tread stating that he's taking a break just so he can once again promote his forum is the problem. Just like he did when JIC got banned.
    Aurora,OH
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    TigerTony said:
    Why all the hate toward Zarcon? What is wrong with the fact that he started another forum? It surely isn't hurting anyone and it's not taking anything away from this forum. No money or loss revenue. What is the big deal?
    . . .

Most often, when someone here is tagged "Fox" by the Hounds, it seems to be because they are perceived to be trying to make money at this site's expense.   8-|

Maybe the Hounds view themselves as part owners, I dunno.  It isn't as if BGE created this website due to some sense of altruism.  I suspect BGE's objectives are fiscal in nature. :-\"

This sorta thing seems to be commonplace on a lot of sites like this.  I think that it's a reaction to those spammers who hit hundreds of web sites per day selling goods, services, and scams.  People like that can make a site uninhabitable. 

I'm not sure that Zarcon, Big Green Craig, and maybe others fit into that category.  At least not for me.

Sometimes, people just like to pile on.    :-??

No harm's done - just humans being humans.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Meh! all they talk about there is cooking on eggs. No flame wars.

Steve 

Caledon, ON