Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling Mat

Options
Looking to get a grill mat to sit underneath the large in the nest. Any suggestions?
Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Found a round one at Lowes.

Anyone know if 30X30 would fit under the large nest with a little overlap?
    Cumming, GA  

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    I picked one up at Home Depot about two years ago.  I believe it was made by Apache something. Works great!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• fence0407
    Options
    Thanks @Scott805 - I'll check them out and see what they have in stock.
    Cumming, GA  

• keepervodeflame
    keepervodeflame Posts: 353
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I like the rectangular ones that are brownish in color and constructed of a concrete laminate material on tile board. Last a long time and are fire proof. 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Just be sure to get a fire retardant one. A lot of them are for prevention of stains only.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fence0407
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I like the rectangular ones that are brownish in color and constructed of a concrete laminate material on tile board. Last a long time and are fire proof. 
    I believe those are called "The Original Grill Pad" from my research. I saw them in Lowes the other day. Seem like they'd be pretty good.

EDIT - just ordered the black one off Amazon. Free 2-day shipping was the kicker.
    Cumming, GA  

• keepervodeflame
    Options
    A little expensive but I have had one for a little over 5 years and it is still in pretty good shape. No issues with sparks. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I have a round one that I roll my medium nest on to to use, but then take it up and store it in the garage since my deck is wooden. Left down they can really stain wood by blocking sunlight and trapping moisture. May be too much of a hassle for some people, but after seeing what has happened to others I don't mind in the least!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fence0407
    Options
    Thanks @keepervodeflame and @RRP.

Ron I think you bring up a great point. I will probably put the mat out only when I grill since my egg is in the rolling nest it won't be a huge deal.
    Cumming, GA