Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picked up my mini max today.

Options
2»

Comments

• badinfluence
    Options

@badinfluence‌ Welcome to the MM club! Doesn't that make it a bakers dozen? :-?

@NPHuskerFL‌ not quite yet. Only makes a dozen. :D

@Mickey‌ I only weigh 140 I think this suckered is 2/3 of my body weight. :(
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    fannin said:
    I had a large nest sitting around so I tried and it fits well in it. I have a medium which isn't assembled that I'll try too. Looks like it will to with the measurements I took.

My back hurts just looking at that photo, dayam that'd be low to the ground!

What's the diameter of the MiniMax compared to the Small?  It looks like an ideal size for cooking on a 14" wok.... 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Botch said:
    fannin said:
    I had a large nest sitting around so I tried and it fits well in it. I have a medium which isn't assembled that I'll try too. Looks like it will to with the measurements I took.

My back hurts just looking at that photo, dayam that'd be low to the ground!

What's the diameter of the MiniMax compared to the Small?  It looks like an ideal size for cooking on a 14" wok.... 
    The Mini Max cooking diameter is the same as the small.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    It is a tad heavy but not bad. The handles make it easy to carry.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited November 2014
    Options

@badinfluence - I would be curious if the firebox of the MM would fit the small since the grid is the same size.  I have one of those smalls that have trouble getting really hot.  I thought that the MM firebox might help.  Since you have both, I thought you would be the guy to ask.  Would please see if it would fit?  Thanks!

Flint, Michigan
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌ I will check that out tommorow and let you know. Should be homearound 1 pm and I will check.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    1 XXL BGE, 1 XL BGE, 3 LG BGE, 3 MED. BGE, 1 SM. BGE, 2 MINI BGE, 1 MINI MAX 
    I just noticed your signature.  Do you really have all of those?  Awesome.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lakewade said:
    1 XXL BGE, 1 XL BGE, 3 LG BGE, 3 MED. BGE, 1 SM. BGE, 2 MINI BGE, 1 MINI MAX 
    I just noticed your signature.  Do you really have all of those?  Awesome.
    Check out his Peoria meat Monster too. Talk about Badass.

According to the images on their website, you can cook a full sized human:

Mmmmmm- people chili

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Wow, looks photo-shopped. 
    Don't ask where the apple is! 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

Most excellent.

I am pretty sure i'll have mine by next week.  I have been told about the numbers being shipped out west (en route to CA) and there will be a stop in AZ;  like I said, I already paid for mine and am pretty excited to get 'the Call'.

Come on BGE, get those out here!  You made us wait this long, put them out there at a higher price and now the anticipation is nerve-wracking!

• fannin
    fannin Posts: 18
    Options
    BGE hasn't even updated their website to register the MM for the warranty, I emailed them earlier today to let them know.