Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy bday cook to me

Options
Given permission from SWMBO, I purchased a cowboy ribeye to break in my new Maverick set up and celebrate my birthday. Felt a little bit of pressure since it was no small investment monetarily but YOLO so... Seasoned with Lemon pepper & kosher salt. I am a reverse sear guy so I had the Egg at 400° (394° according to the Maverick) and pulled it at 118° internal temp. Got the Egg up to 700+ and did about 2 min. a side to finish it off. Let it rest for about 4 min. and sliced for presentation. Possibly a tad more done than I wanted but it earned rave reviews from all participants. Served with roasted potatoes, salad, and a 2002 Rodney Strong Symmetry Meritage. Can't wait to do the Thanksgiving turkey & ribs next week with the Maverick system, it is so cool to watch the temperature rise and know exactly when things are right. Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Chris
St. Louis, MO
Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn

Comments