Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT -- hardware question

Hoping I can find someone who can answer this question -- A couple years ago I attached small adhesive felt pads to the bottom of our kitchen chairs so we don't scratch our wood floors.  The pads wore out over time, and I peeled off the remnants and attached new pads.  Unfortunately they didn't seem to adhere nearly as well and within a couple months most have fallen off.

Does anyone have any ideas of some sort of cleaning solution I can use to clean the bottom of these chairs so that new adhesive pads will stick more easily?

Thank you!

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I wipe off with a cleaner then add a drop of glue- works perfectly for me
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    When you need to replace again take a razor blade and scrape the bottom before reapplying.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Got you on the razor blade. Any specific type of cleaner you use?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    You can get nylon feet that have a nail built into it, that you just hammer onto the foot, at Home Depot/Lowes.  A bit fussier than felt pads but they'll last the life of the chair, only have to do it once.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited November 2014
    Haha not scratching wood floors. Ours were original 1954 refinished and nice and pretty. Kids general use playing pushing toys , pads falling off the feet of furniture then screeching...heck me dropping a pan lid. All that said I do still try to keep feet on the furniture as best I can.

Kudos to you if you can keep em nice (is it possible) ? I gave up on worrying about it. I just plan on a refinish in 10 years or so.

Seattle, WA
  • Goo Gone or rubbing alcohol will get rid of the sticky residue

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Thanks for all the help.  I went to Home Depot and found Goo Gone which is working like a charm.

It's really hard not to scratch wood floors, and shame on us for using a dark finish where they seem to really show a lot.  The worst of it is always under the kitchen table bc of three little kids, so have to do my best to keep the pads on and functional.

Thanks again.