Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking to buy large egg and table!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know I want to buy a large egg with the large table but I can't find a local dealer around that have what I want.[p]I wouldn't mind buying on line but I want to make sure I buy from a reputable seller.
Any recommendations?[p]Before I forget: I see most accessories are made for the medium and large egg, this influenced my decision on not getting an XL, along with the fact I haven't seen an XL and table for sale either. Thoughts?[p]

Comments

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    BBQInMilwaukee,[p]I bought my Large from Benson Stone in Rockford, IL. They are the distributor for WI and northern IL and seemed to have everything on hand.[p]HTH[p]DD
  • Snowman
    Snowman Posts: 22
    Options
    BBQInMilwaukee,
    I have a medium and I am looking to get a large as a second cooker and this is the cheapest place that I have been able to find. HTH[p]Jason

[ul][li]http://www.hearthsidedistributors.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.147/it.A/id.269/.f[/ul]
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    Snowman,[p] I've had pretty good luck with www.halcogrills.com just click the big green egg logo. Then of course theres the mothership in Atlanta. They'll sell direct and ship to your door. Can't get more reputable than that!
    If you want a dealership locally, use the dealer finder on the BGE homepage.[p]Cheers!

• DobieDad,[p]That's what I found out as well. They also have free shipping on their eBay site... Although, I would rather make the drive to Rockford... Much safer for the egg...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Snowman,
    Truth in advertising takes a boot in the butt every time this line-o-crap gets repeated. Boy, I wish they would ditch that from their description![p]"A 20 LB bag of natural charcoal will usually provide four to six months use, even if you cook out several times per week. When you are through cooking, just close the lid and the top and bottom drafts to extinguish the fire. You can reuse about 80% of the charcoal."

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Scottie,[p]I made the drive (about 1.5 hrs each way). It was my first Egg and I wanted to talk with someone more extensively than I had over the phone, plus see all the Egg-related things. At the time I was not aware of this Forum, and didn't have the benefit of all the information here.[p]Besides, we were new to Illinois and this gave me the chance to see beautiful downtown Rockford . . . . :)[p]DD
  • DobieDad,
    I was unable to find the Benson Stone ebay store. All I could find was the Homefire Hearth store which appears to also located in Rockford.

• BBQInMilwaukee, If you want to take a ride down here to FIB land,
    there are lots of stocking dealers in the N and NW Chicago burbs.
    In Mt Prospect, Hearth and Home on Northwest HWY stocks and displays
    small medium and large and tables and nests. In Arlington Heights, Northwest Metalcraft stocks the large, in Wilmette, Backyard BBQ stocks
    a few, and in Downers Grove, Wanamakers usually has a good stock of most sizes with many BGE accys, even BGE seasoning. While your here,
    pick up a few tri-tips at Two Brothers Butcher Shop in Arlington Heights, for your first BGE cook. Come on down. You probably wont get a ticket here, like we get when we dare to cross over behind The Cheddar Curtain!

• BBQInMilwaukee,[p]Same company...