Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mickeys favorite. Chili with lots of beans!!

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Brother @Mickey‌ has been very vocal at spreading the word that chili should have beans in it. Without beans it's just a red paste. So brother Mick, this one is for you. Pics to follow as it all comes together. Chili with lots of beans. I call this one, Mickeys bean chili ;)
imageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• SGH
    Options
    imageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That right there is my favorite chili, I love the "Chili" Beans....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    I got the bean idea from Mickey ;)

Status- Standing by.

• GaryLange
    Options
    It is good with more then one kind of bean also. Like Navy Beans or Garbanzo Beans. More beans is better.
  • SGH
    Options
    Chili with rice, cheese and extra beans.image

Status- Standing by.

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    Another good looking cook @SGH‌. I agree with Mickey regarding beans. I like to add about three good sized jalopenos to mine though.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SGH
    Options
    @Grillin_beers‌
    Thanks man. For the record I like it either way myself. I was just messing with Mickey with the beans.

Status- Standing by.

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Go ahead & sitrrrr the pot @SGH. You know how to do that very well sir.   >:)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    My advice would be get back on you regular medication cousin. Not sure what you have there, I can tell you if that was presented in Texas the voice behind you would be: "Get a rope". Chunks of cheese- RICE - BEANS...Hell man, I'll bring the rope. I will be the first in line to hail your cooking abilities in 99% of the cooks. This buddy is THAT ONE PERCENT.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @mickey this is why we need VI back!
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Chili must have beans to be considered chili.  But I agree with Mickey.  Rice???  Just had chili last week and it had green beans in it.  Didn't even finish the bowl.  Going home I asked my wife if everyone in her family cooks weird things without flavor.  She just laughed.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    id hit it brother!
    Seattle, WA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Looks good to me.  Call it what you want- rice and been stew :).  

I love the Carol Shelby chili kit.  The white chicken chili mix is great as well.  Had some of that for lunch today...with white beans of course.
    :D

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Brother @SGH‌. ..rice? You're dead to me. [-X
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Options
    @henapple‌
    Uncle Apple, will you give me a chance to redeem myself ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @henapple‌
    Uncle Apple, will you give me a chance to redeem myself ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @henapple‌ @Mickey‌
    Yall do understand that I did this mostly messing with Mickey about the beans and rice.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Options
    Just so no one is misunderstanding me. A Real a Bowl Of Texas Red (that's real chili) Has NO BEANS and sure as hell no rice (rice has never been argued here before). Now maybe Louisiana Chilli has chunks of cheese, beans, and rice. Now I also use a kit for my chili. For several years it was Wick Flowlers 2 Alarm, about 5 years ago discovered Cin-Chili and that's all I use. W/O BEANS image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Couple of scoops of rice, a few ladles full of chili (with beans), topped with some grated cheddar and diced onion.  Nothing better.

Chili over rice - picked it up while living in Hawaii. (that hotbed of chili aficionados)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • SGH
    Options
    @TN_Egger‌
    Brother Egger, chili happens to be one of my very favorites. I will eat it about any way imaginable. Beans, no beans, rice, no rice, cheese, no cheese. I just flat out love it.

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    If Beans were not meant for Chili why does the can say "CHILI BEANS"?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Mickey said:
    My advice would be get back on you regular medication cousin. Not sure what you have there, I can tell you if that was presented in Texas the voice behind you would be: "Get a rope". Chunks of cheese- RICE - BEANS...Hell man, I'll bring the rope. I will be the first in line to hail your cooking abilities in 99% of the cooks. This buddy is THAT ONE PERCENT.

This made me lol! I have to admit, cheese and beans (and sour cream) make it into my chili recipe. Used to love with saltines, back when I could eat more.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    Good point brother Whitee!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Had them too sister!!image

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Options
    Got to ask: did you eat that?

• SGH
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Got to ask: did you eat that?

Yes sir. Of the 3 gallons that I made, I ate roughly 2 gallons of it in one sitting. I will eat the rest here shortly. I have been pretty sick since yesterday. If I was feeling good I could have ate the whole pot in one sitting.image

Status- Standing by.

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Have a bowl in the starlight theatre in Terlingua ghost town...no beans! Same with the High Sierra bar, which I prefer.

I'll admit that's some nice looking bean soup.

Good fun :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Mickey
    Options
    On top of my chili is shredded cheddar & white sweet onions. The saltines are next to the bowl. The beans are in the cupboard where they can go in soup.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Looks great. Ain't chili without beans. I think southern chili is what we northerners put on top of noodles! ;)

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌- I'm going to give the Cin Chili mix a try my friend. Of course I'm adding beans as is proper ;)

Status- Standing by.