Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ'd Shrimp & Grits on the Mini Max

Options
2»

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    local in Cincinnati? what is it called?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    NDG said:
    local in Cincinnati? what is it called?
    Eli's BBQ.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Great looking cook and pics but where I come from you can't cook grits in a rice cooker.  Sacrilegious!!!  Next thing ya know you're putting beans in chili. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    Big_Green_Craig - Good grief that looks delishhhhhhhh!! Glad you are having a blast with your new mini.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Great looking cook and pics but where I come from you can't cook grits in a rice cooker.  Sacrilegious!!!  Next thing ya know you're putting beans in chili. 
    That was Mrs BGC's contribution. I was planning on doing them on the Egg, but she "had a better idea." What should I expect from an Italian?! HAHAHA!!! 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    So to her it was BBQ shrimp and polenta.....  
    I'd eat more than my share.....that's for sure.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MeatChurch
    Options
    Atta boy! How did you like that #HoneyHot with jalapeno on shrimp?
    XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Atta boy! How did you like that #HoneyHot with jalapeno on shrimp?
    It was a righteous experience!! 
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    NDG said:
    BBQ Shrimp . . . OH YEA!  

FACT:  I have never had grits!  Nothing against them, I just never have ordered them and dont know much about them.  All I know is you Southern Folk would eat a bathtub full and wash it down with some sweet tea.  I guess I gotta find a good recipe and give it a try?  

In the chow hall in basic training, I ordered what I thought was cream of wheat. Put butter and sugar on it. Figured out what grits were. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • GATraveller
    Options
    @PNWFoodie - I did the same thing @ camp in Wisconsin as a kid.  Thought I was fixing a large bowl of grits and learned what cream of wheat was.  Also learned that it's no good cold.   :-&

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

well done-

you just gave me a great idea for my next trip to Mexico and in spring when I go, i'll post MM photos here with some not so shrimpy shrimp!

• StillSmoken
    Options
    Looks awesome! I'd like to try the rub and sauce! Do you order it?
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Looks awesome! I'd like to try the rub and sauce! Do you order it?
    You can order the rub at meatchurch.com. The sauce is a secret!!  ;)