Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally used my new Egg

Options
Well, I finally used my XL after watching too many videos and asking a lot of questions to forum members... thanks everyone for all the help.  And it wasn't in vain either as my very first cook -- a pork butt came out excellent.  I made my own dry rub, used apple/cherry wood along with Hasty Bake lump and cooked the 8.5 pound butt for 6.5 hours until the IT was 195 (I wrapped it at an IT of 160).  Cooking temp was 270.  I didn't know what to expect, but it was amazing tender, moist and very flavorful and family/friends really enjoyed the meal.  I did save the juices from the pan (put it into a cup, chilled, then removed fat) and served that along with a sweet spicy pork bbq sauce -- my family ended-up mixing the 2 with great results.  As for photos, that's the one thing I need to improve on ... I took only 1 just before wrapping it at the 160F mark. I'll take more photos next time when I do my first brisket.... got some post oak coming in for that one.  I now how to do research on how to cook a turkey.. time is running out!  Here's that one photo.  

Comments