Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anniversary in Beaufort - pic heavy

Options
I was away down in Beaufort, SC for my 26th Anniversary these past few days... What a historic and beautiful place to visit. I'll post a few pics...now back to grillin & chillin....

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Down right awesome brother. The top left pic, what building is that?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Thanks @SGH‌. That is old Sheldon church.... It was burnt down in the revolutionary war.... The oak trees are all humongous because they are 300 years old. The ordinance here won't let the people cut any limbs unless necessary....
  • SGH
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    Thanks @SGH‌. That is old Sheldon church.... It was burnt down in the revolutionary war.... The oak trees are all humongous because they are 300 years old. The ordinance here won't let the people cut any limbs unless necessary....

I could tell that the oaks were of old growth, but couldn't put a age to them by the pic. Spectacular my friend. Looks like a heck of a good time.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Love the low country of South Carolina. That is where I am retiring to. Golf and egg year round. Beautiful history and scenery. Love that area!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • anzyegg
    Options
    @SGH‌, this would be an awesome vaca for you and the wife my friend.......
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Nice! Used to live there. :) Happy Anniversary!
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Gorgeous place, nice pick for the anniversary spot.  Now that it's out of the way, what's cookin
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • anzyegg
    Options
    Thanks @Dyal_SC‌. Wow, I would have never left if I was you. Really one of the best kept secrets down here. @bo31210‌ an awesome place to retire, wish I had the cash to do it.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Beautiful pics. I live about 100 miles from Savannah, and they have a lot of those huge mossy oaks there. My house was built for a doctor in 1890 and they brought 3 of those trees up from Savannah and planted them in the front yard. 

They are still there, but only 1 of them is HUGE! We lost a lot of limbs during the ice storm in February, but the trees made it! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • anzyegg
    Options
    Thanks @logchief‌. I had good intentions but the wife decided on cooking the cod by stove.... I'll post my next one if it's worthwhile....
  • anzyegg
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌ thanks. I'm sure you love the low country as do I. Awesome beauty and great food.
  • SGH
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    Thanks @logchief‌. I had good intentions but the wife decided on cooking the cod by stove.... I'll post my next one if it's worthwhile....

They are all worth while my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Great pics! Hope y'all had a great time. Makes me want to go this weekend!!!....
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • anzyegg
    Options
    Thanks @Jeremiah‌. You need to get there if you get a chance. I can't believe I lived here 25 years and just got there.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, AnzyEgg!

26 years is a looong time.    :D  Believe me, I know!   ;))

Just keep on Eggin' and she won't regret it.

(Oh yeah, and all the other stuff you do, too.)

Congrats to you both!

B-)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    bo31210 said:

Love the low country of South Carolina. That is where I am retiring to. Golf and egg year round. Beautiful history and scenery. Love that area!

That's where I'm from. Only part of the South I'd ever live in outside the mountains of NC.
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Eggcelsior, The NC mountains are my other love. The backtrails of the GSMNP has brought me peace during many times of my life.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • SGH
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    @SGH‌, this would be an awesome vaca for you and the wife my friend.......

It's kind of sad. I use to work up around the area years ago. Didn't ever get to take my wife though. However when I worked for Chevron in Hawaii I was able to bring her over there for a while. But yeah, I would love to bring her and the grand kids up there my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    bo31210 said:

Eggcelsior, The NC mountains are my other love. The backtrails of the GSMNP has brought me peace during many times of my life.

Awesome. After Charleston, I lived in Cherokee County, NC. I've done plenty of hiking in the smokeys.