Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where are they now.

Options

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I would miss you everyday except when your Huskers play my Wolverines.  That day I invite you to shut your yapper!
    Flint, Michigan
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    I'm still pretty new here as I finish out my first year with the egg.  I post when I can and lurk a whole lot more.  

I just read that @ponder melt down and was really taken aback by it.  It's not like I have particularly thin skin, but in my mind, that kind of stuff just doesn't have a place out here. I get that it might have been an attempt at a joke that went sideways.  (Nooooooo!!!!!  Not again!!!!!!). It wasn't at all funny or appropriate, and I was glad to see people call it out for what it was.  And, move on again and again to talk about the very good looking cook.

Seriously, this forum has changed my life for the better and I hate to see things get personal and ugly.  I can recall posting a question on a Saturday or Sunday while I was prepping for a cook and came across something I'd never seen and didn't know what to do with.  The good people of the forum (you know who you are!) always respond within minutes with helpful advice and suggestions.  It's an amazing community and I'm grateful to be a part of it in some way.  

On that note, if "Brother" SGH ends up in Saudi Arabia, we're all going to feel the loss.  I'll be looking to the pro-level posters out there to keep the conversation lively and headed in the right direction til he gets back.  Hope someone can take good care of his units while he's gone, too!

Peace, out.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing‌
    I thank you for the very kind words my friend. I really appreciate it. I don't know how I over looked the ponder melt down before, but somehow I did. That certainly didn't sound like the ponder that I spoke with. Nonetheless I miss his contributions to this forum and wish that he would come back. We all mess up. Not long ago I threatned to evaporate a forum member. That's not like me at all. He caught me on a real bad day and I was off my medicine to boot and I just erupted. We all have done it. I can't help but to wonder if ponder was just having a bad moment and snapped for a minute. Personally I hope they all come back. The more the merrier the way I see it. Again, I thank you for the very kind words above my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Who else's egging would we make fun of. @NPHuskerFL‌ =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Mine's pretty standard fare. You may laugh at mine.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    Feel free to laugh at mine all that yall want. At least I can say that I put a smile on y'all's faces :D

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    That you do my friend, that you do. You're one of my very favorites. :D
  • SGH
    Options
    @theyolksonyou‌
    Thank you brother Yolk. I try very hard to be straight forward and precise in my answers and directions. But I also try to bring a little humor into the arena as well. I don't know how well that I do at either, but I do try my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @pantsypants‌ @ChillyWillis‌ @TexanOfTheNorth‌ @ponder‌
    Come on back my friends. You are missed.

Status- Standing by.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited November 2014
    Options
    While we are at it...what about @Saturdayfatterday?  His name was awesome and he invented a porkapillar. 

Ooops...I just noticed he was active during the recent sauce exchange.  Carry on Mr. Fatter Day. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt‌ what is this porkapillar you speak of?
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Options
    Cen Tex gave me an idea. In good fun, should we have an all time flame out contest and have everyone vote on each thread that was nominated?
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my flame out pissed several people off... but, it was what it was.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • SGH
    Options
    @henapple what flame out?

I was wondering the same.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    nealcr1 said:
    Cen Tex gave me an idea. In good fun, should we have an all time flame out contest and have everyone vote on each thread that was nominated?

Absolutely. Let's do it.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    nealcr1 said:

Do you know where I can find all the flame out threads? I would love to see them.

Status- Standing by.

• Little Steven
    Options
    Just search Cen-Tex's posts. They always end up in some kinda war.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    Options
    Just search Cen-Tex's posts. They always end up in some kinda war.

I hear ya brother Little!!

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I think  you mean "Little Brother" but that's ok

Anyhow, many of the good ones where actual death or violence was threatened were yanked off the forum. We would have to re-enact them through interpretive dance or perhaps a poetry slam.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    Options
    I think  you mean "Little Brother" but that's ok

Anyhow, many of the good ones where actual death or violence was threatened were yanked off the forum. We would have to re-enact them through interpretive dance or perhaps a poetry slam.

I would love to see it brother Tex!!

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'll redo the Stike Vs Rubmyrock meltdown via interpretive dance in a kilt at Salado.

I'm going to need a volunteer to be rubmyrock's fake tanned orange wife so I can savage her with my rapier wit. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    Options
    I'll redo the Stike Vs Rubmyrock meltdown via interpretive dance in a kilt at Salado.

I'm going to need a volunteer to be rubmyrock's fake tanned orange wife so I can savage her with my rapier wit. 

I look good in orange ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Those dudes could have got hit by a Mac truck and we would never know. That's life in the cyber world.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    Those dudes could have got hit by a Mac truck and we would never know. That's life in the cyber world.

I certainly hope that isn't the case. I liked each of them.

Status- Standing by.

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I used to hang out on sport bike forums and when someone went MIA, we would assume they had a wreck. That assumption was true about 50% of the time! at least.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    Yall probably will be shocked that I ask this, but any one heard from cazzy. He has been mighty quite as well.

Status- Standing by.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    I had forgotten all about the General Tso post. LOL My buddies and I got a kick outta the rants. :D
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    SGH said:
    Yall probably will be shocked that I ask this, but any one heard from cazzy. He has been mighty quite as well.
    I think he has gone quiet until JIC returns.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's