Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Rexing some Ribeyes tonight..what's cookin?

bbqwizard
bbqwizard Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone cooking on their egg tonight? As mentioned above I will be cookin up some steaks. They will be the guest of honor amongst pan fried taters, green beans, spinach salad and oat meal cookies for dessert. Even with my free day today, I still can't seem to eat totally "unhealthy". Have a great evening![p]phillip

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    ribeye.jpg
    <p />bbqwizard,
    Just finished up a salad and wok scallops. Sorry about no pics on the scallops. Sandbagger had a good one.
    Ribeye tomorrow with twice baked taters, for the second game. A little scampi for the first.[p]
    Mike

• Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    bbqwizard,
    I have to go out to some dinner party tonight but have still have some stuff on the egg. I have a pork butt on for the games tomorrow along with a left over pork chop that is reheating for a few minutes for the kids. We are going to some Fon du place. I am sure I will come home hungry. We rarely go out for dinner now that we have the Egg.[p]JNK

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    bbqwizard,
    Well my weekend started last night with an 8 pound butt that my wife had to pull at 0100. When I got up I re-loaded and cooked ABTS, then some salmon for my mother in laws Bday, then put on some ribs. Tomorrow its PRIME RIB!! 4.5 pounder, 2 bones......... That's if I don't race in the SCCA Autocross, waiting to see if it's a rain out.

• bbqwizard
    JNK,[p]
    I use to go out a lot for dinner. But for some reason i just don't feel much like doing that. However, with that said when I do go out, I like long fancy dinners whith wine, etc. I will be going out of town on monday to meet up with some old college friends. We are all into foodie stuff, so I'm sure there will be a lot of good eating this week! I love Fondue![p]phillip

• Well since I haven't Egged anything all week I knew tonight had to be the night..but w/all the bathroom problems <major, unplanned remodel> I decided to do some chicken....but it was frozen! <bi lo BOGOF on Chicken Breasts> Put a little seasonings on them and in a 350 egg till done..yep, frozen chicken and it turned out great!
    Tomorrow hubby has requested burgers and fries....
    On a side note..I really don't like the kingsford lump...it doesn't burn long at all! <compared to BGE lump>

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning bbqwizard:[p]Just finished downing the last of four (4) 14" pizzas(I think there is two pieces left), unfortunately I didn't think about taking some pics. [p]The wife tried a couple of new crusts tonight. One "regular" thickness and the other "thin". The regular crust was much easier to keep from getting too done, but all were great.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• bbqwizard,
    Placed a gal bag of chicken thighs in the frig last night with 1/3 cup italian salad. 1/3 cup french dressing and some special blend pepper. also 3 racks of $.99 pork ribs bought during the holidays were seasoned separately w/kcbs rub, paprika, garlic powder and left overnight in frig. Started Large BGE around 10 am and set up indirest for rib @ 225-250 around 5 pm (6hours) sprayed every hour or so w/water.5 pm took ribs of and slightly covered w/ home brew bbq sauce, placed thights skin down on bottom grid and set extender on top w/ ribs, 1 1/2 hours later after turning the chicken and spraying the flar ups a few time dinner was ready for 10 adults and a few younguns.. Side dishes includes baked beans pot salad, asparagus tips in sesame oil and white seeds, parmesan garlic bread and tres leche cake (cuban) w/ fresh blueberries and strawberries on top smothered lightly with a raspberry puree done in blender w/ kirish(cherry liquer). Would be happy to post some pics but has taken me 4 years to get this far after lurking so long. and need time to figure out the pic photo?? thing.Regards Richard

• I TReX'ed Ribeyes tonight with the recommended olive oil and "Cow Lick", simple pleasures in life. 2.5 min per side lava 3min per side 400 deg. cook after 20min dwell. Tough to justify spending $50+ at Mortons per entree when I can do better at home. As I've read here previously, my $.02
  • bbqwizard
    Richard,[p]Wow that's sounds like a lot of fun, and yummy too! have you gone to the naked whiz site to learn how to post a pic? If not, do so it will tell you everything you need to know.[p]phillip

• bbqwizard,
    Yes I have and thank you very much for the info, but it is hard to lurk after 4+ years with too much info. I just like to play and share my Living Cookbook info. Regards., Richard

• bbqwizard
    Richard,[p]There's nothing wrong with that.[p]phillip