Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yup - it's the end of the grilling season

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
for gassers anyway...

This was an unusually common site today in our neighborhood. I counted 4 gas grills kicked to the curb! One was a humongous stainless steel Webber - 6 burner plus a side warmer. Neighbor said it was pretty but didn't work anymore and wasn't worth the estimate to fix it!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Wait doesn't Ducane come with a "lifetime warranty"? ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I've never had to buy Webber parts, but I fixed my CharBroil for $70 and that was all the burners and the transfer bars. Of course, it mostly just sits out in the yard looking pretty...
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    End of grilling season! >:) That's just crazy talk. :D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    @YEMTrey, that's funny; I do the exact same thing. I "usually" get around to the driveway.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Weber has a 25 year warranty on most major parts. I would got get that thing in a second. I bought an old rusted out genesis 330 for $100 and called Weber and the shipped everything to me for free. I sold it for $500.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    There's no end of grilling season. 
    Even before the egg, I used the snow thrower to make my path to the grill. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Only thing I have to move out of the way to get to my egg is a few leaves every now and then.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Only thing I have to move out of the way to get to my egg is a few leaves every now and then.  

Yep, when the seasons are almost summer, summer, still summer and Christmas, we don't have that snow shoveling problem.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    ^^^^ =)) =))

that cracked me up!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    :)) =)) :))

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Bring on winter >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Ron you need new neighbors! There is something wrong with those people! Phhhhhhht there is no end to my grilling season! I shovel to the grill first, thaw steaks, then shovel the rest, then cook steaks. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Bring on winter >:) image

:|

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

May you be forced to visit a near-sighted proctologist.

May a weird holy man drop a cactus down your shorts.

May an unclean yak have an accident on your toupee.

May a weird customs inspector discover a secret compartment in your sister.

:-L

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Bbqjedi
    Options
    Grilling season has no end! Last winter soon after I got my egg as a Christmas gift I was grilling in -45f
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    We get very little snow here.  About 40 inches of rain, mostly in the winter months.
    That's why my deck is covered.  No "grilling season".
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Bbqjedi said:

Grilling season has no end! Last winter soon after I got my egg as a Christmas gift I was grilling in -45f

And that, ladies and gents is why I can't live up there. -45 geesh.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Winter is the best season for grilling. Nothing like cuddling around the egg.
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    EGG on!!!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @Sardonicus‌ LMOSHITISMALB! >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I miss Nebraska but, then winter comes ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Sardonicus
    edited November 2014
    Options

@NPHuskerFL I know what you mean.  We lived in Lincoln 1983-85.  People are disbelieving when I tell them that those winters were more brutal than Chicago winters.  They were.

At the time, I had two buddies who worked for Continental Airlines and who traveled for danged near free.  During one of those winters, they saw weather reports about the blizzard in Nebraska and called us from poolside . . . in Hawaii!

Alas.  My response was not particularly civil.  :-w

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

@NPHuskerFL I know what you mean.  We lived in Lincoln 1983-85.  People are disbelieving when I tell them that those winters were more brutal than Chicago winters.  They were.

At the time, I had two buddies who worked for Continental Airlines and who traveled for danged near nothing.  During one of those winters, they saw weather reports about the blizzard in Nebraska and called us from poolside . . . in Hawaii!

Alas.  My response was not particularly civil.  :-w

Winter isn't brutal, it's fun!
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    No grilling season is between when I shut it down for the night and fire it up the next day.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Sardonicus
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Winter isn't brutal, it's fun! D

@Eggcelsior Maybe you should seek help.   :))

A coupla decades ago, when my body allowed me to ski, I might've agreed with you.  Those days are gone. 

We have a big honking snow-thrower, all-wheel drive vehicles, warm clothing, whiskey - alla that stuff.  That doesn't erase the truth:  Winter sucks.

And, trust me.  Nebraska winters are brutal.

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    @RRP, nice and timely thread. Excellent use of the bait and switch tag line!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I never find anything good on the curb here in central Texas. You could take a huge stinking dump on the side of the road and someone would pick it up.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.