Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who are the Mods on this site

piney
piney Posts: 1,478
I was just wondering just who are the Mods on this site? How do you get in contact with them? Are they regular posters? Do they work for BGE?
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Not sure who the mods are but I can tell you this site is owned by BGE..I would assume the moderators would be some affiliation with BGE.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I'm not a mod.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Me neither.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • I just joined a few days ago.  I saved the registration emails. Here is the header.  Don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Aw, crap.  The url didn't post.  Will try again.

Support rob.damico@biggreenegg.com via smtp.vanillaforums.com 

This is what was on the registration email I received.

May be what you are wanting.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    You know that guy at work that gets a minor promotion and the extra power goes directly to his head, and he starts the paperwork to fire everyone he doesn't like?

Those may be the moderators here. Say something they don't like, and you get no warning, you get no second chance, you get the ban hammer. It is without a doubt, the smallest amount of power that can go to someone's head. 

And I have about 70 comments, 2 discussions, a couple of "likes" and one really weird "off topic" (for a raccoon picture in a raccoon meat discussion) so nothing at all to lose since I also have a half dozen email addresses. 

I'll tell you this, if it's the way BGE wants to run this forum, my next Kamado will be a grill of a different color. 

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• DieselkW
    @Hapster
    do you really think that the color matters? Is the green one superior because it was mass marketed better? 
    Even if it is "better", in what way is that measurable? Heat retention? Heat capacity? Design? Durability? Every kamado has strengths and weaknesses. BGE commands a higher price, but have you had zero defects in your experience? Do you think the exhaust chimney daisy wheel is a good design for atop a dome that changes direction of gravity routinely?

I love my egg, but it's the only one I've ever owned. I looked at them all and decided to spend the extra money for one reason only - there are two dealers within 7 miles of my home. 

If this forum is the public face of BGE, not the marketing department, not design engineering, it is the consumer interactive division of the company obviously making decisions without public relations input that throws someone off the site for the "high crime" of calling them a name. Public relations is customer service, not customer annoyance. As customers, are we not to be given a wider latitude of tolerance for our opinions? My local dealer is great. I don't know if the "other" kamado dealer is just as great or not. 

What's troubling me is that they're hiding behind their firewall, anonymous bullies that can't or won't defend their actions here. No one will give a damn if I get banned, no one will start a "Save Diesel" thread. I'll just use a different email address, or lurk, or just shrug and spend less time on the computer. 

But, I'm a newbie with nothing to lose, so I can say whatever I want. At least I have that freedom. 

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• I enjoy this forum but it had no impact, and will have no future impact, on what cooker I buy. The main reason I come here is for the help and ideas for cooking. It just so happens I get tons of humor as an extra bonus. This forum is way cleaner than some of the crap that ends up on facebook forums. I am not overly concerned about someone being booted. They will be back under another name and the humor and fun will continue on. Go Team Egg! With that said, Bring back John!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503

DieselkW said:
    @Hapster
    do you really think that the color matters? Is the green one superior because it was mass marketed better? 
    Even if it is "better", in what way is that measurable? Heat retention? Heat capacity? Design? Durability? Every kamado has strengths and weaknesses. BGE commands a higher price, but have you had zero defects in your experience? Do you think the exhaust chimney daisy wheel is a good design for atop a dome that changes direction of gravity routinely?

I love my egg, but it's the only one I've ever owned. I looked at them all and decided to spend the extra money for one reason only - there are two dealers within 7 miles of my home. 

If this forum is the public face of BGE, not the marketing department, not design engineering, it is the consumer interactive division of the company obviously making decisions without public relations input that throws someone off the site for the "high crime" of calling them a name. Public relations is customer service, not customer annoyance. As customers, are we not to be given a wider latitude of tolerance for our opinions? My local dealer is great. I don't know if the "other" kamado dealer is just as great or not. 

What's troubling me is that they're hiding behind their firewall, anonymous bullies that can't or won't defend their actions here. No one will give a damn if I get banned, no one will start a "Save Diesel" thread. I'll just use a different email address, or lurk, or just shrug and spend less time on the computer. 

But, I'm a newbie with nothing to lose, so I can say whatever I want. At least I have that freedom. 
    Whatever... As you say, you can say anything you want...

I have had to replace my base last year, and the process was very easy from start to finish.

Egg on and have fun...
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    FYI,

@ anyone / everyone...including mods.    I love my BGE !!!  No issues, no complaints, no prob's.

I love this forum !!!  Tons of knowledge, ton's of humor, tons of great folks, no prob's !!!!!!

The forum consists of the many folks contributing. Without them/us.....what forum will you have?????    How many people depend on this forum, as the ultimate source for information on BGE products ?????? How much impact do the folks here on the forum have on your sales?????  I probably would have went with a less expensive, less quality product, If I had not found this forum and read what the  "PROs" had to say !!!!!!!!!!!

FREE JIC  !!!   BRING JIC BACK !!!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• DieselkW
    And I had to replace my firebox within a few months of purchase. It was painless, it was easy, and it gave me the opportunity to really clean my egg, I didn't know how much ash there was between the firebox and the external frame.

What I'm getting at is that this forum is part of consumer relations, customer service as you call it "proven". Well it's demonstrated here that insulting a moderator results in an ego driven power trip. 

The moderators are BGE employees, and the forum members are customers, right? (Is that a true statement,? I'm not 100% sure)

If one of us can't say what we want, none of us can. Fine, it's their site, they can run it how they wish, I'm not paying for any of this.  Banning a customer for insulting the (anonymous) moderators may or may not be sanctioned by BGE management, but who is moderating the moderators? 

We can change our avatars to "Banned", we can have threads calling for the return of our member, but who, besides the moderators, are aware of what happened here?

Maybe it's time for some phone calls. I'll let you know what I find out, maybe I can get a moderator banned if I can call my way high enough up the food chain.

Indianapolis, IN

• piney
    I hear people bemoan the lack of moderation when trolls run wild, now, the first time for me, I hear the same discontent because of moderation.  Just goes to show you can't make all the people happy all of the time.
    It's kinda like the Highway Patrol, if he is hiding in the bushes and gives you a ticket..what an ass! ...If he's hiding in the bushes and catches a drunk driver going 90mph .... good job!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • piney
    I'm not 100% for sure what started all this banning crap, but we are all adults here, we all love to share recipes and stories and cook on outdoor cookers. In turn we give BGE a ton of free advertising at our expense. Just like when we were in NOLA for Brisket Camp, a very highly advertised event on this forum, a handful of people bankrolled the event. . Not even a Rep of BGE was in attendence I understand they can't be at all functions but a small thanks would have went a long way.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks to all members of this forum for doing what you do and to BGE thanks for your support however,  when you get this many people there will be bumps in the road. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • I can't believe that people are getting so bent out of shape over someone getting banned. JIC called the mods **** and that pretty much says I want "death by mods". I can see his point that he was making and he was a martyr. 

Aurora,OH
  • piney
    I can't believe that people are getting so bent out of shape over someone getting banned. JIC called the mods **** and that pretty much says I want "death by mods". I can see his point that he was making and he was a martyr. 

Thats what I'm trying to get across...GROW UP .. If I was mad at everyone I called an ass or everyone that called me names I would be in a helluva fix.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    DMW said:
    I'm not a mod.
    That's exactly what I'd expect a mod to say. :D

Always interesting to see folks get all torn up when one of their friends gets a time out.

It's just the internet, eh?

I can't imagine JIC is nearly as worked up about it as some inhere are - this may be his ultimate 'fishing' adventure.
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2014
    I thinking that maybe @Zarcon is a mod. He lives in Lawrenceville, GA. Isn't that where BGE is headquartered? Easy to be affliate......  Although Zarcon doesn't come across as being a a$$hole all the time. However, he is a Falcons fan. 
     Just a stab but could be..!
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    JIC could have easily apologized, waited it out and probablly been restored. Heck create a new id in the meantime.
    It got a bit ridiculous, I just observed didn't care to participate in the foolery myself.
    Don't get me wrong I can get silly raise hell and chat about certain stuff...but not here its not really what this place is about.
    Seattle, WA
  • Zarcon
    edited November 2014
    @TigerTony - Sorry, not a mod. But you are correct, I am in Lawrenceville, GA and even bought my BGE from the main store.. but.... not a mod. And what do you mean 'all the time'??
    :-O
  • DieselkW
    I called and talked to customer service, there is one employee (marketing dept) that is responsible for moderating the forum. 
    It was suggested I do not post his name here, and out of respect for his anonymity I will not.

I was told to send an email to Customer-Support@BigGreenEgg.com and that anyone in the company could see that email so a subject line "Forum Moderator" would be forwarded to him.

So, if you want JIC to be re-instated I suggest an email, I also encourage politeness, as we all know sugar caramelizes and vinegar makes bbq sauce in Carolina, not Georgia. 

Indianapolis, IN

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    DieselkW said:
    I called and talked to customer service, there is one employee (marketing dept) that is responsible for moderating the forum. 
    It was suggested I do not post his name here, and out of respect for his anonymity I will not.

I was told to send an email to Customer-Support@BigGreenEgg.com and that anyone in the company could see that email so a subject line "Forum Moderator" would be forwarded to him.

So, if you want JIC to be re-instated I suggest an email, I also encourage politeness, as we all know sugar caramelizes and vinegar makes bbq sauce in Carolina, not Georgia. 
    Just to clarify- GA does have vinegar based sauce as well.  :P.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Zarcon
    Yeah.. What @SmokeyPitt said.. LOL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I hear people bemoan the lack of moderation when trolls run wild, now, the first time for me, I hear the same discontent because of moderation.  Just goes to show you can't make all the people happy all of the time.

I'm happy all the time ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I hate when they stop your post from bumping.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Lit said:
    I hate when they stop your post from bumping.

That really gets my goat when they do that.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    SGH said:

I'm happy all the time ;)
    You wern't happy that one night when you wanted to kick @cazzys ass.  :-\"

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.