Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Hippy at my house.

Options
2»

Comments

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Hope you dont go but if you do you go bee safe and try some camel while you are over there.
    it wont be the hot season so the will be a blessing 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I would have to say the 2 greatest presidents during my lifetime are Nixon & Reagan.

The worst is currently in office.  I despise him for Obamacare, but more importantly, I despise him for reneging on the few things I liked about his position.  He really pissed me off when he changed his mind about the Patriot Act.  The only things I think he has done correctly are making the decision to send the Seal Team after Osama, and ending the Don't Ask, Don't Tell discrimination against Gays in the military.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• badinfluence
    Options
    I say go get a good sun tan for 6 months and let's have a hell of a party when you return. Let me know and that meat monster just might be cooking next to unit 6 when you are back. Be safe brother.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    I'll be waiting for your return @sgh!! Safe travels!!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    A skinny Mac Rebennack in my humble opinion.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Will they allow you to bring a Mini Max with you?
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    @SGH Safe travels.  You will be missed here.
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    @SGH‌ unless they offer you a silly amount of $$$; see if you can opt out with early retirement
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'd be rotting in a Saudi jail after about one week there.
    Options
    hapster said:
    @SGH‌ unless they offer you a silly amount of $$$; see if you can opt out with early retirement
    I have a feeling a sick amount of $$$ is involved in an assignment like that. At least I would hope so.

@SGH, Looks like a good time was had, as I mentioned before, wish I could have been there as well.

If you do end up in SA, that will be a bummer because according to my calender that means you miss Salado in March.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • FarmerTom
    Options

I'm new here and I have already appreciated your influence on this board.  You will be missed. As previously stated by Botch, won't there be internet service available over there?  Hope there is.  Would make for some interesting conversations.  Hope all goes well for ya while you're over there.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    I hope whatever happens that it goes your way brother SGH, we all appreciate and rely on your never ending expertise and instructions, I wish you the best if you do disappear we will be looking for you in 6 mos!
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

@SGH, I wouldn't despair. 6 mhs will fly, and you will bring back mems of many new adventures.

I have been deployed 3 times already and another maybe looming up the horizon. Just be safe and bring back some Arabic cooking to us.

That's your mission from here.

I always was able to follow this forum from where ever I was and it kept my sanity, although grew big gastric ulcers. :)

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    @SGH - be safe and have fun my friend!  in that part of the world I think it'll be way easier to get a tandoor than an egg, just an idea!  btw, you know who'll miss you the most? your meat suppliers  :D
    canuckland
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Wait...are you telling me i managed to get a room at the Inn and now you won't even be at Salado? Say it ain't so, Joe!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Sister it's not 100% that I'm going to Aramco. It's looking like I am, but nothing is etched in stone yet. Part of me wants to go for the money and the other part of me don't want to go. I have spent almost my entire adult life away from home. I really tired of it but money will make a man do a lot of things that he doesn't want to do.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I'm not sure where you are shipping off to...but surely you can bring a little mini along with you!  I have no doubt that in 6 months you'd get your money's worth even if you had to leave it behind!  And you can show us new cooks of meat found in far off places....

Well, I expect you'll have a grill there one way or the other.  You'll be on land, anyway.  Make the most of it.  I know that you will!  After all, you've got a big appetite...  always have!   ;)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,769
    Options
    cant wait to see the camelambken cook
    :D and it doesnt count if you dont eat the whole thing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @fishlessman‌
    Brother I can easily eat the whole thing ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    Have a great trip if you end up having to go man! Be safe and hopefully you'll be able to educate them on the important art of egging!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god.