Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chargrilled Oysters. Nola & SGH style.

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I had a few of them pop and jump a little. But none of them sure enough exploded. I have had it happen before but got lucky this time.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
     I almost set my cat on fire cooking the shells too hot once.
    That is funny...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Wow looks amazing - I LOVE oysters - is the yellow just melted butter?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm hoping that's butterfat. It was the last time SGH and I cooked them together.
    Options
    anton said:
    Looks delicious dude, I love grilled oysters, especially the giant ones, not sure of the name, we get them from chinatown in San Francisco every so often.
    :-bd

I think the giant ones you are referring to are pacifics. Not my personal favorite as I think they are too large, but what you will also get Ij jars on this coast.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    anton said:
    Looks delicious dude, I love grilled oysters, especially the giant ones, not sure of the name, we get them from chinatown in San Francisco every so often.
    :-bd

I think the giant ones you are referring to are pacifics. Not my personal favorite as I think they are too large, but what you will also get Ij jars on this coast.

Give me Olympia oysters anytime. Tiny, sweet, and clean....my favorite.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Looks absolutely delicious, you have great will power.  That many of that slimy goodness wouldn't make it to the grill around here.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ @NDG‌
    Yes, that is melted butter. However I did mix the garlic into the butter. I did this just because. It doesn't change the profile at all.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I don't know how you shucked all those oysters without eating half of them in the process....

How were they?  Salty, sweet, both?

Cook looks great! 

LBGE/Maryland
  • SGH
    Options
    @logchief‌
    We had a few raw ones as well :D
    imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @KiterTodd‌
    They were very salty and excellent! It surprised me seeing how they were from Texas ;)
    We did have a few raw ones. See pics above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.