Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AR or Woo

Trying to decide.     Leaning towards the AR as I don't have a stone or platesetter for the large.   Am I missing something?  Seems like the AR is the better of two great items.   Ideas or thoughts?
In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    AR. I love mine.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    AR for sure.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • talk with Tom he won't steer you wrong.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • +1 @Austin Egghead‌ I have an AR for the large and love it. Have a woo for the small and love it as well. Can't beat the versatility of the AR

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    I have the woo.  It does one job - raises the grid to felt level. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • I took back the plate setter that I purchased with my egg and ordered the AR. Used it for the first time this weekend and it worked perfectly. very simple and elegant solution to controlling heat in the egg by raising and lowering cook height and using the stone to create indirect heat.
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    As others have said call Tom at cgs and he will definitely help you out. In your case though the AR will probably work best. I bought the woo because I already have the plate setter for my Lg. For the XL I don't have one so when I get the funds I will be getting the AR.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Spoke with CGS today and the AR customer combo is on the way based on our discussion. Didn't get a chance to tak with Tom but the staff is very knowledgeable. Should be here Friday. Woohoo
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Enjoy you will love it!!!!
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    I love the idea behind the Adjustable Rig, (I had to look it up so I knew what "A.R." meant)

For those who are already using it, does it "live" in your egg, or do you use it only for those cooks when you want to position your grate other than at fire ring height?

Was it trial and error finding which height works best for what's on the menu, or do you tend to use gasket height most often?

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    @Diesel‌kw - I use mine maybe 80-90% of the time.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Since you have the large, I vote for the R&B AR. Gives you the most options and you can add the extender too for yet another level. Watch the video on their website. If you had a XL I would vote for the WOO2. Good luck!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    You are not gonna regret it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    talk with Tom he won't steer you wrong.
    Agree ... Tom is a very good guy, when I called him I just thought I needed everything, he sold me less...all I needed
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Call Tom and talk to him. Outstanding guy. Have two Larges and both have an AR. I like to cook above the felt.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Mine lives in the egg as most of my grilling is high in the dome unless i am doing steaks or burgers.

Johns Creek, Georgia