Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

top 10 ways to tell your hooked on the BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Im very new to egging but am hooked. I thought it would be fun to start a thread with ways to tell you are hooked on the egg. The following are my top 10. Please add yours...[p]1. Dream about brisket. (I did this last night!!)
2. Prefer smoke smell over colone.
3. Think pictures of peoples 'pork butts' are sexy.
4. Have soot stuck under your nails.
5. Butcher knows you by name.
6. Enjoy reading reviews about lump.
7. Check BGE site daily.
8. Have a brown carheart coat that has black sleaves(from soot).
9. Wife thinks your crazy for sorting you lump.
10. Own more then one BGE (I dont...yet)

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    you know you're an egger when you:[p]go to the grocery for a gallon of milk, but linger at the meat counter as long as you are there[p]have more pictures of food on your computer than of your wife and kids, or even the dog![p]after saying grace, but before taking the first bite, take a picture of the plate[p]

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    I'll add a few:
    1. Your dog has a collar matching the egg
    2. Your pool also matches the egg because you neglect it
    3. It's unanamous PULLED PORK!!! for birthday parties
    4. You dream up ways to transport the egg in a 280ZX
    5. The neighborhood kids bring their own hotdogs for you to cook while they play
    6. You actually look up recipes for dog biskets for the family dog so you won't feel bad on leaving her out
    7. You take pictures "loosely" associated with an egg(such as the "rock")
    8. When traveling, you eat at Hooter's,(think about it)
    9. You give the wife instructions over the phone so the meat is ready to throw on the egg as soon as you arrive home
    10. And the #10 reason your hooked:
    When you get home you go straight to the egg, not the wife!!

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    you dump your wife, shack up with your favorite foodtv hostess, giada delaurentiis, and together, die your hair green. ... .[p]GiadadeLaurentiis.jpg

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    You find posts like this one funny. ROFLMAO[p]Ken
    Looks like your beard needs a touchup. Greencian Formula perhaps?

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    random thoughts;[p]looks like she's got somethin in her mouth.[p]you are showing damn near as much cleavage as she is, though slightly more chest hair.[p]she dressed up for you, you should dress up for her next time... dinner jacket, french cuffs, powder blue ruffled shirt. her cashmere and your fleece would create an unhealthy amount of static electricity, if for some ungodly reason they were ever vigorously rubbed together. and she seems smart enough to know that.[p]her pen says "to max, love giada" but her eyes say "stike, you sly fox, rescue me from this starstruck fool..." [p]one of you has an enormous, outsized bladder. to whom does all the liquid refreshment belong? [p]i bet that's the first-ever 'pop-up' cookbook you ever bought. ...if you know what i mean.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    stike,
    my secret as to which of us has the most chest hair[p]nah, she was dressed down, wearing jeans that day....heeee[p]DSCN0993.jpg[p]oh yea, you can read eyes as well as you read swahili i think .. :)[p]that was her cup of coffee. . ..maybe she stores it in places other than her bladder![p]that's why i keep the plastic slip cover on the book, if you know what i mean :)

• NorthWoodsEgger,[p]You dream of ways to trailer your egg behind your bike so that you can BBQ while participating in the "Hotter than Hell."
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    You know you're hooked when.....
    10. Eggcessories always top your birthday/Father's Day and holiday gift wishlist.....
    9. Saying or typing 'sammich' only seems 'slightly' juvenile....
    8. You suddenly realize that more than half your list of closest friends are people from this forum!
    7. You get excited when the grocery store flyer delivery guy drops the latest specials in your mailbox
    6. You sent your butcher a Christmas card
    5. Your butcher sent YOU a Christmas card!
    4.When writing your will, naming guardians for your kids is no problems, but you belabor who to bequeath the Egg ...
    3. You actually hope Santa puts some coal in your stocking this year!
    2. You'll pretend to be sleeping so the wife gets up to check on your crying children, but happily and willfully get up every 2 hours just to check the progress of that overnight brisket or pork shoulder cook[p]and, the number one way to tell you are hooked on the BGE......[p]1. Friends and family instantly and permanently link you and the Egg together in their minds.....[p]109-0901_IMG.jpg[p]

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Love that cake![p]Gwen
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    That is without a doubt, the neatest and most personalized BD cake I have ever seen!! It has more detail than most, and the renditions are super. Someone is a great cake maker.
    later,
    ron.

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    NorthWoodsEgger,
    I think you will know that you are hooked on Eggin' when:[p] You buy a digital camera and learn how to post pictures on the internet, just to show others pictures of your butt.
    weird huh? ;)
    later,
    ron.