Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner is on

Options
Just put 2 racks of ribs on for dinner. Will also be doing some baked beans in the DO and a cobbler to top it off. More pics later.
LGBE Marietta, GA

Comments

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I'm planning on cobbler. What recipe do you use?
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • BigAlDaddy
    Options
    I am going to try this one I may switch the blueberries with peaches.

5 cups frozen blueberries (don't thaw)
    2/3 cup granulated sugar $
    1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup water
    1/4 cup corn starch
    Grated zest from 1 lemon
    2 ripe medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
    3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (don't use quick cooking)
    1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar $
    1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    3/4 cup nonhydrogenated margarine (such as Earth Balance), melted $
    Ice cream for serving (optional) $
    Preparation

1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with a little shortening.

2. Make the filling: In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.

3. Whisk together the cornstarch and remaining 2/3 cup water in a small bowl until smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the hot berries. Gently stir in the lemon zest and peaches, being careful not to mash the peaches. Reduce the heat to low and continue simmering the fruit, gently stirring, until the juices have thickened and the mixture is clear. Remove the saucepan from the heat and scoop the mixture into the prepared skillet.

4. Make the topping: Stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add the melted margarine, stirring until incorporated. Using your fingertips, work the margarine into the flour mixture, squeezing until nice and crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over the blueberry filling.

5. Bake the pie just until the topping is nicely browned, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if you like.

LGBE Marietta, GA
  • BigAlDaddy
    Options
    Dinner was great. Here are the finished dishes. Forgot to take a pic of the ribs until they were picked over.
    LGBE Marietta, GA
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    Looks good from here friend! Thanks for the pics!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • cajunduck
    Options
    Looking good! LSU fan, but Hail State!
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana