Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flank Steak - Clean Eating Recipie

Options
mopar
mopar Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Beef
Below is a recipe that we threw together as we were participating in a 7 Day Clean Eating challenge.  We really loved it and I hope you do as well.

Ingredients
  • Flank Steak (ours was around 2 lbs.)
  • Olive Oil (however much it takes to brush a coat on both sides)
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper
  • Himalayan Pink Salt
  • Molasses (~ 4 tablespoons)
Preparation
Take meat out of the refrigerator at least an hour prior to putting on the egg.  Light fire in egg and let temperature rise to 500* or warmer.  When the egg is almost ready brush one side of the Flank Steak with Olive Oil.  Then grind and apply Fresh Ground Black Pepper.  Be very generous when applying.  Then apply Himalayan Pink Salt, not as generous as the Fresh Ground Black Pepper.  Take a few minutes to press the salt and pepper into the meat.  Filp and repeat.  Have aluminum foil and molasses ready for when the meat comes off the egg.

Cook
Once the egg is above 500* put Flank Steak on cook surface (I used my cast iron cooking grid).  Close lid and keep both vents wide open.  After 2 minutes, flip meat and close lid for another 2 minutes.   Flip and rotate meat then close the lid and adjust the vents slightly to keep the temperature about 400*.   After 4 minutes flip the meat and cook for about 4 minutes (you may want to do slightly more/less depending on the way you like you meat cooked).  Pull off once the desired internal temperature is slightly lower than end target temperature (I pulled ours around 150*).  Place meat on aluminum foil and spread 2 tablespoons of molasses on meat.  Flip meat and place remaining 2 tablespoons of molasses on meat.  Wrap meat in foil and let stand about 10 minutes.

Serve
Unwrap meat from foil and thinly slice against the grain of the meat.  Plate and enjoy!

Comments