Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What an a$$ hat!

Options
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    edited November 2014
    Options
    haha, he has an odd sense of humor but I don't understand why they need a bunch of money to upload videos to YouTube? I guess they are produced well... there must be more to it than I realize. I don't think he's an asshat though lol
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I'll gladly donate as long as I get a contract giving me a % of YouTube revenue.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I don't get. They make money anyway.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Comes off wrong, and whats with the Mr Rogers bit?
    Jacksonville FL
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    PBS begging now on You Tube.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Any serious BBQ-er would have burned those sideburns off in the first season. 

I have a better idea, send money to DieselkW and he will post recipes that someone else created and he copied here for you to enjoy.

Pictures only for "premium" donations.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Just another profit center.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Gotta admit it takes some balls to take the noteriety, almost folk-lore fame and main-stream reputation down to this level.  But as mentioned above-all in the name of the almighty $$$.  YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    According to some who have waited hours and hours for his food....he will have no issues.
    Ps

I would never wait that long...
    Seattle, WA
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Plus he's using that evil red ceramic cooker.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I met the guy at the Texas EggFest. Cool guy and defininately not an Asshat, as you claim.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Sheeple will gladly wait in line for this too, $$$ in hand.

What a fukstik. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    If the money is going to the PBS station that helps him film and produce these videos I'm completely fine with it.  If it is going to Franklin directly I agree with Travis in his original post. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • travisstrick
    Options

If the money is going to the PBS station that helps him film and produce these videos I'm completely fine with it.  If it is going to Franklin directly I agree with Travis in his original post. 

It goes to pbs as I understand it. I still don't like it. I've watched more YouTube than I care to admit and I've never heard of paying before someone releases a vid that's already made.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Wow. I have no opinion of Franklin personally but this video is very off putting to me. Hard to put my finger on the exact problem but I don't think this plays how they intended it to.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've never heard of this guy before now so my first impression of him is a negative one. But on an unrelated note if you send cash or money order to my house I'll tell yall about an exciting new recipe that no one else knows about yet. It involves jalapeños, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and little smokies. LOL.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Is it just me or is it kinda creepy that he's undressing??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

I met the guy at the Texas EggFest. Cool guy and defininately not an Asshat, as you claim.

I agree. Until you've met him, it's hard to understand his personality. He's 100% a nerd, and probably better described as a BBQ Nerd. Austin is a perfect place for him as he definitely Keeps Austin Weird. Good people!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    Comes off like he's holding the videos for ransom - "We already have the Beef Ribs episode ready to go, so pay up and we'll put it online."

Lame attempt to make some extra cash.

Just sell the damn DVD if you think your content is worth it.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    He's not making any money on it. He's doing it to raise money for local PBS station. He's like the Wayne Dyer of bbq :))

He makes plenty on his own with all his TV appearances, commercials...and oh yeah, a restaurant with a 3-4 hour line 6 days a week.

I have to say this is one weird video though. Not out of charcter for him but weird for sure.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Rather cheesy if I may say so.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I wish I had an A$$ Hat. It's cold out today.
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    He could have worded it different.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

I'm doing beef ribs today just to spite him. image

No promo$$$ needed :-\"
    Phone w/ HD video and boom upload that **** to YouTube. Done.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • AmericanFlannel
    Options
    It goes to pbs as I understand it. I still don't like it. I've watched more YouTube than I care to admit and I've never heard of paying before someone releases a vid that's already made.
    I can't watch the video at the moment, but in Austin and related to PBS and videos already made and fundraising (i.e. kickstarter) - yes it's actually been done before. Google Harry Knowles and Ain't It Cool and see the mess he made by raising >100k for a video show (That was supposedly airing on local PBS in Austin) that was already completed and now a year has gone by and the show is a no show.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    PBS. Enough said right there.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos