Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Herb Rubbed Chicken

sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made a pretty easy shmeezy chicken last night. Ya know, sometimes the KISS principal just works the best. Had a 3 3/4 pound chicken that I rubbed with a mixture of butter, fresh rosemary, minced dried onion, about 3 cloves of garlic, and a tablespoon of fresh parsley. This was rubbed under the skin and on the skin and in the cavity at noon yesterday and refrigerated until after work. I fired up the egg and got the temp to about 250 and threw on 3 chunks of cherry wood and got a good smoke going, I LOVE a LOT of smoke when I cook. I placed 2 firebricks flat on the grate, put a drip pan on that, and put my rib rack on that with the chicken in it laying breast side up. The fire was kept at about 200 for the first 15 minutes, then climbed to about 375 for the last 45 minutes of the cook. I occasionally basted the chicken with the leftover butter paste during the cook. Overall it took about 1 hour and 10 minutes to cook the chicken and it came out wonderful. KISS, has worked every time for me on the egg.[p]Troy

Comments