Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1-800-SAVE-JIC

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I just spoke to a moderator and JIC will be back soon.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    paqman said:
    So they let tweev stay forever but john gets the boot?
    @travisstrick‌ - Who's tweev?
    Infamous troll from before my time here, but has a reputation for being a real a-hole.
    Flint, Michigan
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Just thought of this one...

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Seems to me like removing a thread is more appropriate than banning someone that contributes so much to the forum. If chronic abuse is noted then remove. I vote for reinstatement.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

Who did you talk to?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    What's to stop him (or who ever) from just coming back with a new handle??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options

paqman said:

So they let tweev stay forever but john gets the boot?

@travisstrick‌ - Who's tweev?

Infamous troll from before my time here, but has a reputation for being a real a-hole.

Not arround anymore?

Who did you talk to?
    I am also curious. Who are the mods here? 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    cazzy said:
    This is when we need Village Idiot.  There would already be a JIC Hitler video.  Boo     :(
    Just where is VI??? 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    @tarheelmatt‌- It's a done deal brother tar. Brother JIC will be back. I would do the same thing for just about everyone on here. Of course there are a few exceptions.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    @tarheelmatt‌- It's a done deal brother tar. Brother JIC will be back. I would do the same thing for just about everyone on here. Of course there are a few exceptions.
    How long is his timeout period?
    Does he have to sit in a corner and wear a dunce hat? 
    :-w
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Seems to me like removing a thread is more appropriate than banning someone that contributes so much to the forum. If chronic abuse is noted then remove. I vote for reinstatement.
    @stemc33 - well, they did remove the thread also.  Typically they don't throw you off for good unless it's egregious and habitual.   But thanks @SGH for yanking some chains and getting him back sooner!  You da man!
    Options
    WTH?!?! So, he's in a forum timeout? #:-S
    How appropriate. Not!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌- That's what I'm here for brother Nola. To try and help in any way that I can. I like to believe that everyone would do the same thing for me. I like JIC. He is a good man.

Status- Standing by.

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    @SGH‌ thank goodness you didn't sit THIS one out!
    Dunedin, FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I didn't know @SGH‌ had connections. Makes sense though, he's the master at pushing things to the edge.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Thanks SGH...JIC added a lot to this forum. I thank you for knowing who to contact and then doing just that. Also thanks to Cazzy for bringing the to light.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    piney said:
    Thanks SGH...JIC added a lot to this forum. I thank you for knowing who to contact and then doing just that. Also thanks to Cazzy for bringing the to light.

I'm always glad to help when I can. Even if in only a small way. I feel that brother John would do the same for me. However I don't know if caz would start a save SGH thread if I got banned ;)

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    SGH said:
    piney said:

I'm always glad to help when I can. Even if in only a small way. I feel that brother John would do the same for me. However I don't know if caz would start a save SGH thread if I got banned ;)
    I think deep down he loves you! 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I think SGH and JIC are the same person.
  • SGH
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌- I know he does. He just has a hard time admitting it. Brother Tex told me that caz actually adores me ;)

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @SGH is VI Stike and JIC all at the same time
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @SGH is VI Stike and JIC all at the same time

There actually may be a "little" truth in that my friend. Just a little.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    SGH said:

piney said:

I would. Making fun of just henapple gets a little old ;)

You're the best, man!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

piney said:

Yeah, Pretty sure you guys probably aren't on each other's Christmas card list. :)).

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Options
    Bring @johnincarolina back, I've got to stand up for the Durham, NC crowd!!!
    Durham, NC
  • SGH
    Options
    piney said:

I would. Making fun of just henapple gets a little old ;) You're the best, man!

I thank you kindly my friend. And for what it's worth, I would certainly do my best to help you as well. There are only a select few that I would not help. But if you remember they asked me to steer clear of their threads. Thus far I have honored their request and will continue to do so until asked other wise. JIC is a good man and a great contributor. He does not deserve what was imposed on him.

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    If the recall effort doesn't work out I guess he can sneak back in as @JohnInOkinawa

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @SGH‌

Can you please ask them to officially change his forum handle to JIC. JohnInCarolina is kinda horrible and that handle is nowhere near as famous as the handle I've bestowed upon him. :-\"
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....