Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DizzyFest 7 - Who's attending?

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Anyone else going to be there?
This will be my first time cooking at a fest. Just finished my final recipe test tonight.

If you are there, be sure to stop by and say hi. Given this is my first, I'm sure I will forget stuff and mess stuff up, so I'm sure I could use all the jeering and snickering everyone can offer. :D

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Crap! I completely forgot about it. Are you taking 15? I'll wave to you as you pass Frederick.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I would love to be there. I am sure you will do fine @DMW. I am rooting for you!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DMW
    Options
    @Eggcelsior
    I haven't decided yet, more than likely yes. I much prefer that ride vs. 95 or 83. It will depend on current traffic conditions at departure time. I'll be sure to wave if I remember.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Write everything down as you think of what you will need, keep a running list and double check it before you leave. I have been cooking at the Eggfest for 7 years now I always forgot something important until I started doing this. Trust me. Have fun.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    We'll be there....well at least the charcoal will be.  We're a sponsor.  Every team gets a bag of Rockwood, plus there are more for door prizes.  Take lots of pictures!!
  • Eggcelsior
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Traffic won't be an issue on a Saturday morning on 15/270. Try to find an excuse to hit the GW Parkway, it's gorgeous right now. It's probably a bit off course though...
  • KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    I will be there cooking too. I also have two spots open on my cook team if anyone is interested. Two of my friends had some thing come up unexpectedly and won't be able to make it.
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • DMW
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Traffic won't be an issue on a Saturday morning on 15/270. Try to find an excuse to hit the GW Parkway, it's gorgeous right now. It's probably a bit off course though...
    We're heading down tomorrow, plan is to leave around 10:30-11:00. Will give us time to check in to our hotel and head over to the meet and greet. If the weather is nice and the kids aren't too cranky, we'll probably hang out in DC for part of the day Sunday.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    We'll be there....well at least the charcoal will be.  We're a sponsor.  Every team gets a bag of Rockwood, plus there are more for door prizes.  Take lots of pictures!!
    Yeah, I was pretty excited when I saw we would be cooking with Rockwood! Will be able to start cooking quickly after starting the eggs, rather than waiting an hour or 4 for VOCs to burn off. :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Good luck...and have fun. Looking forward to the details.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @dmw I just found out that the Magna Carta
    is on loan to the Library of Congress for the next 10 weeks. That would be cool to see on Sunday.
  • DMW
    Options

@dmw I just found out that the Magna Carta
    is on loan to the Library of Congress for the next 10 weeks. That would be cool to see on Sunday.

Thanks! That sounds like a great destination on Sunday. If at all possible, we will be there.

All packed up and ready to leave.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Crap! I completely forgot about it. Are you taking 15? I'll wave to you as you pass Frederick.
    I'll wave to you too:

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DMW
    Options
    Here's a few pics of our cooks today.

Would have had stuffed mushrooms as well but left the cream cheese on the dash of my truck to soften this morning. Forgot about it until this afternoon when I was going to mix up the filling. Yeah...

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Willieb9000
    Options
    It all looks great @DMW! I'll make it to a fest one of these days. Hope you had a great time!
    LBGE; Adjustable Rig
    Delaware County, PA