Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Choplets...

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
08_24_0017_42_03.jpg
<p />Tonight we did what I call 'choplets' - buterfly boneless porkchops about 1 inch thick and split in 1/2 - 650 degrees for 3 minutes on each side and about 7 minutes on bake mode.[p]For DR. Chicken, I even included a few sweet potatoes. [p]Life is GOOD!
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Gfw,
    Yes! I saw those![p]Dr. C

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Dr. Chicken, just courious, when is the last time that you actually tried sweet potatoes? have youtried them on the egg?

• Gfw,
    Last Christmas! No I haven't tried them on the Egg! But...I haven't tried missletoe or castor beans either! :-) I cook squash for the boys at the deer shack every year for Thanksgiving, and they love it! But I can't quite learn to like it either! No matter how much brown sugar or real maple surup I put on it! Its just not my "cup-o-tea"! I guess its like some of the folks that gave NB a bad time about his squid. I love squid! But there are a lot of folks out there that can't get past the name! [p]The old saying, "Different strokes for different folks!" holds true for me with the sweet 'taters![p]Sorry![p]Dr. Chicken

• Gfw,[p]These cuts are some of my favorite! I think you have just given me my next idea for a meal. Too bad you don't like sweet potatoes, they are great. We also do various types of squash, usually lightly oiled or "pammed", and I have a variety of ways to do onions, which only the people that absolutely hate onions will not try.[p]Your pictures made my mouth water![p]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Gfw, Looks great. I hate to see a good marinade go to waste. After putting on your beef jerky very early one morning, I threw pork chops in the marinade and left them on until I took off the jerky. Cooked about like your directions. Lordy, lordy.[p]CWM