Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Republican or Democrat?

Options

Comments

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

I promise not to post a political topic for two more years. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    henapple said:

There is no perfect party or plan.

All that being said...I'm friends with every political and religious affiliations.

For the most part people here remember this, which is why I actually stick my head in a political thread here, as opposed to any other spot on the internet.

And it's been said before, but it is absolutely worth celebrating that every 2, 4, or 6 years our elected leaders have to stand before us again, and that we enjoy a peaceful transition of power whenever it is needed.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

This is great! :))

No matter what, this thread has been absolutely hilarious. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I didn't mean you lost the election, which you liberal types did by the way, I meant you lost the troll throwdown.  Saying I was using straw man tactics does not make it so.  I didn't fabricate, mislead or exaggerate.  The only thing I got wrong was cow farts vs cow burps and that's just funny.  Hence, you lose.  VICTORY DANCE! 

Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man I got to stay out of this. But it's killing me ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Options
    SGH said:
    Man I got to stay out of this. But it's killing me ;)
    So you keep saying....but you really WANNA

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    Fred, I'm not liberal. Politics are not binary. Also, Google is your friend.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

It's really OK.  These things gotta happen every five months or so, ten months.  Helps to get rid of the bad blood.  Been ten months since the last one.  You know, you gotta stop them at the beginning.  Like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they should never let him get away with that, they was just asking for trouble.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bbqlearner
    Options
    I'm here purely for the entertainment  :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
     Like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they should never let him get away with that, they was just asking for trouble.  

Hitler was the jv team. %-(
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

+1 no good sports on...
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

+1 no good sports on...
    I was just trying to figure out what I could watch tonight and was coming up with nothing...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    Options
    Wednesday. .Duck dynasty. ..those liberal duck killers
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Hockey is on. O6 matchup tonight.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Acn said:

henapple said:

True but I pay around half my damn income in taxes.
    Federal
    SS
    Sales tax
    Gas taxes
    Extra tax on tobacco and alcohol

It's not a liberal or conservative thing...it's a holy ****, someone is taking a bunch of my hard earned money.

You should call your congressman.

Also, please let them know what you'd like to do without.  Eliminate health care for the elderly?  Social Security?  Roads?  Food and drug safety?  Lots of military hardware designed to fight a war that ended 25 years ago? 

Unfortunately, when taxes get cut (because that makes everyone happy and keeps them voting for you) services don't get cut (because that would make everyone unhappy and they would vote against you).  That just kicks the can down road, because nobody wants to make the tough decision.

Alright I was staying out of this... One of the key underlying issues is government inefficiency and waste- they could do a whole lot more with less.

For a microcosm example- people constantly complain about needing more money for public schools. My kids go to a local charter school that literally gets 1/2 the funding of public schools (per student) and their test results are on average 15-20% higher. This is run by a company that actually makes a profit on this lower level of funding.

Before anyone blows up I know there are a lot more issues at play including parent involvement, neighborhoods, etc.

Throwing money at issues doesn't fix problems- getting out of the government crap where you can't reward on merit and fire the slugs is the issue. Most of the people I know in government come into the jobs gung-ho and ready to make a difference. They finally get tired of beating their heads against the wall and become another catatonic person going through the motions.

I doubt you find many people in the world who are against affordable government programs that fill an actual need. We need solutions that solve problems and not perpetuate the underlying issues.

This country was founded on the backs of hard working people many who were immigrants. We need to get rid of this mentality that we have earned our spot in life and get back to our roots.

We work hard for our money and we need to hold people accountable for spending it wisely. We all want to see this country successful and we need to work together to make it happen.

Sorry for the jumbled thoughts but I never did like to proof-read and rewrite.

Now back to why real bbq comes only from pigs.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

It's really OK.  These things gotta happen every five months or so, ten months.  Helps to get rid of the bad blood.  Been ten months since the last one.  You know, you gotta stop them at the beginning.  Like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they should never let him get away with that, they was just asking for trouble.  

Ahh, Clemenza!  A wise man was he!  Not as smart as Tessio, but wise just the same!

Flint, Michigan
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I rented The Purge from RedBox tonight and am starting to like the idea more and more
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I gotta go get another 12 pack, this is gettin good.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    My wife: "why is there a political discussion on a cooking forum? It's not relative."

Me: "It's entertaining."

Her: "It's not relavent!"

Me: "A lot of these folks know each other personally, it's entertaining."

Her: "What, now that the Rep. are in charge they're going to ban smoking meat, ban all BGEs?"

BOTH my kids: "WHAT? NOOOOO!"

makes me proud :D
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    You're safe- only the global warming crowd would ban bbq

Greensboro, NC
  • henapple
    Options
    The ozone is gone because of us....too bad
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    I like a good tan anyways
    Greensboro, NC
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I don't vote. I don't have time to learn enough to make an educated decision. I listened to people at my work talk politics the other day and couldn't believe these people are allowed to vote. There should be some sort of qualification to vote.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    henapple said:
    Uhm... no.  It's projected to recover around 2070 or so.  
  • DMW
    Options
    henapple said:
    But only if we all agree to stop burning wood, right? :D

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    DMW said:

henapple said:

I thought it was getting rid of CFCs. I'll keep utilizing my renewable resource, thank you very much. Burn away!
  • DMW
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Dang moderation... let's try again:

henapple said:

I thought it was getting rid of CFCs. I'll keep utilizing my renewable resource, thank you very much. Burn away!
    Yep, you're right, I wasn't paying attention and thought we were discussing greenhouse gasses. For ozone holes, CFCs are the problem. There is no way either could be contributed to cyclic patterns that have existed for longer than we have been tracking weather patterns and watching holes. Because we have been tracking that stuff for at least a few hundred years....

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    Yep, you're right, I wasn't paying attention and thought we were discussing greenhouse gasses. For ozone holes, CFCs are the problem. There is no way either could be contributed to cyclic patterns that have existed for longer than we have been tracking weather patterns and watching holes. Because we have been tracking that stuff for at least a few hundred years....

Cyclic patterns are definitely in place, but it's not as though we don't understand what they are or why they're there.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I seem to have spurred a whole new direction in this train wreck. AWESOME :D
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm happy to discuss science with anyone here.   It's not the same thing as politics.  When it comes to science I am armed with a cruise missile.   ;)