Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Republican or Democrat?

Options

Comments

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

It's morning in America

Egg on! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I've never considered having a bumper sticker on my car but if I ever find this one, I'll buy it.  

Both parties have limited access to the ballot so that  viable third parties cannot break through.  What we have is a kleptocracy, get elected to steal what you want.  

I don't think my grandfather spent 3 years in Germany in the 1940s to defend what career politicians have turned our system in to in 2014.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice job voting in Corinne Brown =D> #-o
    More proof of idiocracy.

Corrine Brown November 4th 2014 Election 27/6: http://youtu.be/oYkJVfmna0g

Corrine Brown - Go Gata (with Subtitles): http://youtu.be/KgbBP9Em00A
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Wow. [-(
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Unfortunately there's no shortage of stupidity when it comes to our elected officials. George Carlin said it best - "Just think about how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that!"
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    I heard Maine is voting on cancelling the bear hunt. That was slid through behind closed doors  here and it's a really bad idea.
    it got shot down. there should be laws to stop special interest groups from out of state from backing these things, they actually started a lawsuit against fish and game to create a gag order for the state bios so that the agency couldnt respond to the question and defend itself or the bears
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Speaking of bumper stickers........

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jonnymack
    Options
    I can't stand any of them.  It's all the same s**t over and over again.  South Park said it best, every election is between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.  I could go on for days but that sums it up for me pretty nicely.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• mo egg
    mo egg Posts: 143
    Options
    I left one bbq site because of political crap and this will be my second, good bye
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Hmmmmm..... I guess I'll go with the Giant Douche. :-?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    No matter who won, hopefully all of them clean up their ugly, colorful litter.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I voted for the Mini Max to be released already.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    mo egg said:
    I left one bbq site because of political crap and this will be my second, good bye

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.  I will say I'm surprised political crap doesn't come up more often on the site and we should allow for a little discussion once every two years.  Hell, if @nolaegghead and @SGH can get along and show the male bonding they show, anyone should be able to.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Whose big money is behind Mini Max?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    In 2016, SGH and I agreed we're going to switch affiliations on the forum.  I'll be the (Steven Colbert styled) conservative and he'll be the democrat.
    Options

Captain Ahab

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Captain Ahab
    You've conflated the Mini Max being called a unicorn with Moby ****. No problem! It lets me post this!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I don't like turtles anymore.  But I LOVE narwhals. 

I do hate extremism.  We're catching up with Saudi Arabia.

That said, everyone lighten the f up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4
    mo egg said:
    Hahahaha...is this serious?  Dear Lord.  Wow, just wow.  I'm still amazed anyone can get this worked up over politics. 

This site is THE definitive stop for any BGE owner.  To leave because of one thread is laughable (in fact I just laughed, see the front of my post).  See ya later I guess.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• thetrim
    Options
    jonnymack said:
    mo egg said:
    Hahahaha...is this serious?  Dear Lord.  Wow, just wow.  I'm still amazed anyone can get this worked up over politics. 

This site is THE definitive stop for any BGE owner.  To leave because of one thread is laughable (in fact I just laughed, see the front of my post).  See ya later I guess.

You laughed twice.  HaHa is a laugh, Ha is half a laugh.

Regarding politics, who the hell campaigned on lowering the price of beef.  I need a 88 cent/lb Kroger brisket in Florida.

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

I always liked:

If you're young and conservative, you have no heart.  If you're old and liberal (media now calls this progressive) you have no brain.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Definitely a beatdown.  Hard to determine whether this was a response to the president or Reid and his obstructionism in the senate.  More likely a combination.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    KennyLee said:

Definitely a beatdown.  Hard to determine whether this was a response to the president or Reid and his obstructionism in the senate.  More likely a combination.

With Congress's 13% approval rating I'd say a combination is a safe bet.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    The good thing about gridlock is it slows down the rate of damage the idiots cause.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    They're all a bunch of criminals.  One side is big business and the other is big government.  I'm afraid we're at the tipping point where the leaches have learned that they can vote their way to a bigger gub'mint handout funded by us working schleps.  Way I see it - if you don't pay taxes then you shouldn't have a vote.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    this must be true cause nobody i fish with is a democrat and the odds of that happening up here are like winning megabucks. Teach a Democrat to fish and he will still vote for the guy who gives him the fish :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it