Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max arrives Nov. 2nd @ Roswell Hardware

Options

Comments

• Ballardbbq
    Options
    I was quoted $599 at a store here in Seattle. Arriving next week.

Large, Medium & Mini-Max - Seattle & a Puget Sound Island

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You can come get mine How much should I ask. It is in the garage as we speak

What are you using to get raised cook?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

yeah, I remember years ago when my mother offered to buy me a LG BGE for Christmas and I told her it looked too exotic for me to try.  they were $400-$500 back then it was something like 15 or so years ago.  now, a setup with the base necessities is over $1K and worth every penny

Can't wait for MiniMax arrival tho- grilled shrimp on the beach in Mexico this winter,  pizza at tailgate parties, and many other GREAT times are ahead for the MiniMax.

• plumbfir01
    Options
    i paid 350ish for my KJ Jr with all tools and accessories, why would anyone pay double that unless its some sort of '' sportscar" inferiority complex....smh 
    Beaufort, SC
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    i paid 350ish for my KJ Jr with all tools and accessories, why would anyone pay double that unless its some sort of '' sportscar" inferiority complex....smh 

That Costco package with KJ Jr and all the trimmings is a tremendous value and a very nice 'cue. (the included purpose-built accessories are hard to beat)
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Or there is no Costco in your area...duh
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

This is the only way I could get a KJ. There is no way I could ever deal with their corporate again after the experience I had with them.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    @eggcelsior - what happened?
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Mickey said:
    You can come get mine How much should I ask. It is in the garage as we speak

What are you using to get raised cook?
    I just use the grid and less charcoal (smaller pieces of lump). I don't have anything for a raised cook
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    Eggcelsior  Posts: 9,299

This is the only way I could get a KJ. There is no way I could ever deal with their corporate again after the experience I had with them.

There are no road shows in my area.  Will other Costco's that do not have order for you?
    Do the KJ Jr wobble in that stand? looked off balance with top open?
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    kdink said:
    Eggcelsior  Posts: 9,299

This is the only way I could get a KJ. There is no way I could ever deal with their corporate again after the experience I had with them.

There are no road shows in my area.  Will other Costco's that do not have order for you?
    Do the KJ Jr wobble in that stand? looked off balance with top open?

My KJ Jr does NOT wobble in the stand. Quite stable.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I called to see if I could get mine late Saturday or Sunday morning and was told they were pushed back to mid week. Guessing that will get pushed also. Someday I will have it.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @gatabites they lied to me. For me, that is something there will never be a second chance given.
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    @gatabites they lied to me. For me, that is something there will never be a second chance given.

Neither the first, nor last company that's lied to you, or anyone else for that matter. Pride goeth before a fall, but to boycott a company's product for lying, misleading, or etc will pretty much required living totally off the grid in a very complete way. Including our food supply.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    So.....did it arrive?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Blake my dealer told me I'd have it in two weeks. :-??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Nope. They said the distributor is expecting them Tuesday or Wednesday and they will call when they get them. If I don't hear by the end of the week I will probably call back and check for an update. @Lowflyer‌ knows them better than I do and it sounds like he was told maybe as late as mid November.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Nothing at my dealer yet. Just spoke to him and he's calling his supplier to find out what's going on in regards to an ETA.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    My dealer has 2 coming and said they won't be here tell the end of November. I can't afford it now anyway. The only KJ dealer in my area jacks up the price on everything and I don't care for how he and his wife do business.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Eggcelsior
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Gogogordy said:

Neither the first, nor last company that's lied to you, or anyone else for that matter. Pride goeth before a fall, but to boycott a company's product for lying, misleading, or etc will pretty much required living totally off the grid in a very complete way. Including our food supply.
    @Gogogordy

Never mind about that first part. Just this:

Your sage advice does not lend itself to my specific situation, generalized as it was.
  • mwraulst
    mwraulst Posts: 131
    Options
    in chattanooga TN they want $598 for minimax and stand with an additional $48 for the platesetter no clue as to when they will arrive.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I dunno, but all this, including the price talk, has got me thinking of (shudder) the Kamado Joe, JR again!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    im glad i bought my large when i did, 500 dollars and it included delivery from virginia to massachusetts
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Had to laugh when I called the Outdoor Kitchen Store in Tampa (self proclaimed largest BGE dealer in FL) Very Nice guys there. Said next week which is this week and have no clue on price.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • 3sheets
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    I dunno, but all this, including the price talk, has got me thinking of (shudder) the Kamado Joe, JR again!
    I bought a KJJr for $399 about 2weeks ago and I am well pleased with it so far.  I saw the MM at Octoberfest and really liked the size. I could not justify the price or the wait for the MM. My XL BGE still get it's work outs.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    wondering if eggfest is better to wait for these things. Usdually have some deals and tax free here in WA
    Seattle, WA
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    I'll see them tmrw night at the BGE turkey class and get the latest on delivery.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Just picked up (5) five  Mini Max's from the ACE hardware .....only charged me $469 each..

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    bcsnave said:

Just picked up (5) five  Mini Max's from the ACE hardware .....only charged me $469 each..

Pics [-(
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • badinfluence
    Options
    bcsnave said:

I call BS
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa