Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Little Cook.....NOT!!!!

Options
Well, I am eggdicted,,,everyone knows that !!!!!

2 Butts, 4 stuffed chicken breasts, and ABTs !!!!!!!  That's all I can remember...anyway !!!

Here at RNNL8 BBQ...."We do more than rubb butts and pull pork" !!!!!

Got to get a Thermopen....took the breasts off and cut one open but it wasn't done....had to put them back on the egg !!!!!!!

I'm stuffed !!!!    #chickinstuffin  !!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have a Thermopop and like it, no doubt the pen would be even better. Have you been without an instant read thermometer all this time?
    Jacksonville FL
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I just bought a Walmart special for $19.99 to take to the Moonbow Eggfest in September....but yeah, that is all I've ever had other than my Maverick.

My own tightwad self won't pull the trigger and buy one !!!  I guess I will though probably when they have another open box sale or whatever for around $79 .

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    You've posted some nice cooks for not having a thermo. The pop is an option for value minded guys like us.
    Jacksonville FL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dldawes1 said:

I just bought a Walmart special for $19.99 to take to the Moonbow Eggfest in September....but yeah, that is all I've ever had other than my Maverick.

My own tightwad self won't pull the trigger and buy one !!!  I guess I will though probably when they have another open box sale or whatever for around $79 .

Bite the bullet man! It really is a fantastic tool. I'm a tight wad myself and find it to be worth every cent spent. Fast and accurate every time.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Therma has a great $20 instant read option. Take a look. I have two and love em
    Signed
    Your Fellow Cheapskate (at times)
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dldawes1
    Options

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Nice.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Pulled the butts.....11 hrs..I think (time changed !!!!) .

Bad Byrons and ~300F  until 198 IT.

They fell apart when I tried to lift off the egg !!!  

Does anyone have a reason why they would fall apart more easily than any other butts I've cooked ( every condition being identical....except...these were labeled """STEAK BUTT SHOULDER""".

Never thought about it when I got them...just not had a flashback.

Our KROGER remodeled and had a remodelling celebration...500 free pork butts !!!!!!  I ended up with these 2 !!!!!!!