Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lookin for plans...

Options

Can anyone point me in the correct direction for centered Egg table plans. I plan on building my table myself for a L Egg and i would like for it to be centered. It will be on my patio, see pic,,,,thanx all

Comments

• erniemcclain
    Options
    if i understand correctly, you want to put the egg in the center of the table, correct? If so, it is simply a matter of where you put the hole.  If you would like, I sent you a private message and my email address is there.  We have a cut sheet that tells you all the boards you need to make a great table.  As long as you can run a skilsaw and a screwgun you are set.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    if i understand correctly, you want to put the egg in the center of the table, correct? If so, it is simply a matter of where you put the hole.  If you would like, I sent you a private message and my email address is there.  We have a cut sheet that tells you all the boards you need to make a great table.  As long as you can run a skilsaw and a screwgun you are set.

@erniemcclain‌, do you mind sharing those same cut sheets with me too? I to like the idea of placing the egg in the middle of the table.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    @erniemcclain, hate to ask, but can you share your table plans/pics with me?  I'm thinking about making a bigger table with egg in the middle, and granite on each side...
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    I think the whiz has a table plan on his website. I was a wimp and bought my table from a store in Augusta GA. I don't know why you want a center cut, but you will have a lot more work room if you go with a side cut.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    There was once a young lady "egger" here to sell egg tabl....er, just here to learn. Just one of us. :-@
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Stretch a string from end to end at middle of table, do the same front to back, where they cross is the center of table. Use that point to scribe your circle. How deep is your table front to back?
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Stretch a string from end to end at middle of table, do the same front to back, where they cross is the center of table. Use that point to scribe your circle. How deep is your table front to back?
    It depends on where your bracing is.  You probably would want to move the bracing.  (Extra credit for anyone who understands why I laugh when I hear table bracing!)
    The Naked Whiz
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I was thinking about not marking up surface with lines. This should be pretty easy. Do many tables have bracing in the middle?