Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- New Toy. Sort of.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
I bit the bullet and bought a land level. Fixing to try it out. My wife is going to be beyond irate. Furious and rabid is a under statement. Oh well......
imageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Is that just a fancy way to say box blade or are they different.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SGH
    Options
    No. A box blade is totaly different brother. This is a land leveler.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,757
    edited October 2014
    Options
    But you needed it for the Eggs new home, that seems fair and reasonable :)>-
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    Any expense that relates to an egg is completely understandable. Well, that's what I wish my SWMBO would say anyways! I mean if you're going to build something might as well do it right. I can't wait to see pics of your egg's new home!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yes, yes - that will make her feel much better. Tell us @SGH, where do you sleep during these deals, on the couch, out in the shop, or under the stars?
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • SGH
    Options
    Some more shots.
    imageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm sure it's not the first or the last time  :))

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• bayouegger
    Options
    If you need to test it on a gravel driveway with 2 huge potholes I'm only about 45 minutes away down I-10/I-12!!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I have a neighbor who has 20 acres of woods and pasture for his horse. He uses one of those to level his land with all the horse crap and honest his acreage is quite beautiful in its natural way, but it wasnt until he got that leveler. The trees there are huge and old and some day he will sell that land for a bundle!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    Options
    I hope to do the very same!! Sell for a bundle!!

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I never have seen one. A great tool for you!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sounds reasonable  Nice purchase
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    A man can never have enough tractor implements! Until he has them all.
    \:D/
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • SGH
    Options
    @anton‌
    Brother I agree 100 percent. Just wish that my wife did!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited October 2014
    Options
    She just doesn't get it brother @‌anton. She must be a democrat at heart ;)

Status- Standing by.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Now this is a land levelerimage
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    Nobody needs a rabid spouse....cook her somethin' tasty and break the news gently. You'll both be fine (after you stop bleeding of course)
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • SGH
    Options
    @Gogogordy‌
    I hid it behind the house until tomorrow. Hope that I'm feeling better tomorrow and I will let the cat of the bag.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    SGH said:

She just doesn't get it brother @‌anton. She must be a democrat at heart ;)

So...she wants somebody else to pay the bill :-\"
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Exactly my friend. She expects me to pay for this stuff. Who does she think that she is ;)

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    =))

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    But it ain't green.   :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• SGH
    Options
    All the paint will be gone soon any way brother @bud812‌ :D
    imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    That's a nice unit there brother!  Congrats!  Now get to work on this project! :D
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Level land is priceless!!  Too much slope could cause a conniption in my neck of the woods!  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • yellowdogbbq
    Options
    You can't go wrong with Land Pride, they make good quality items. Have fun!
  • SGH
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @tarheelmatt‌
    I'm really trying brother. My old body just won't hold up like it use to. I find myself resting more than I do working.

@yellowdogbbq‌
    Agreed sir. If you buy their heavy duty models it's excellent equipment. Woods is another really good one. Brown, Landpride and Woods are the Big 3 of aftermarket equipment manufactures. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Playing with my land leveler. Wish I would have bought one years ago.
    imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Those things are the stuff!!!!  I need to get some loads of sand and spread them out with that bad boy!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Don't let the conservation District catch you with all that disturbed earth fill with no erosion and sedimentation pollution control appertenances.