Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Golfers?

2»

Comments

• Lowered it to a 2 this year, best golf of my life. Finally quit caring so much about what I shoot and just enjoy it more. (Drink more)
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    tgkleman said:
    Love golf.  I am a 10, but shot my career low this summer.  +2 at Caledonia in Pawleys Island, SC.

that's a remarkable score for a ten you sandbagger. Nice little track huh?
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Used to be quite passionate about my game and play quite a bit.  Then kids happened.  Soccer happened.  And the Egg happened.
    Like was mentioned earlier, I couldn't justify the money and being away from the family on the rare weekend we weren't busy with something going on.  Now the Egg allows me to enjoy another favorite hobby of mine and spend time with the family.  I miss golf dearly, but there will be time for that once the kids are grown up and no longer interested in dad so much.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    10 handicap.  Love the game.  Taught the kids the basics (swing, scoring, etiquette) when they were younger, but none have fallen for it like I did.  Oh well, when they're ready they'll at least have that foundation.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I don't even know what a handicap in golf really means...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    DMW said:
    I don't even know what a handicap in golf really means...

It means I have a permanent ride on the bogey train.
    =))
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hi54putty said:
    Sitting at a +2 right now...been playing the better portion of my life..being in the car biz I only play roughly once a week..but I like to swing by the range in the morning before work almost daily to keep the swing in check..I play a fair amount of Amateur events in NC/SC and did have a top 10 finish in the Charlotte AM tournament this year...would love to take a year off work and attempt the Mini Tours, but don't have a spare $100K to do that ... 
    What club do you play out of?

Been a member of Cedarwood CC for about 6yrs now...great place

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    cam05210 said:
    Hi54putty said:
    Sitting at a +2 right now...been playing the better portion of my life..being in the car biz I only play roughly once a week..but I like to swing by the range in the morning before work almost daily to keep the swing in check..I play a fair amount of Amateur events in NC/SC and did have a top 10 finish in the Charlotte AM tournament this year...would love to take a year off work and attempt the Mini Tours, but don't have a spare $100K to do that ... 
    What club do you play out of?

Been a member of Cedarwood CC for about 6yrs now...great place

That's a good track. Lot of good clubs in Charlotte. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Love the game, despite my inability to carve out sufficient time to improve or lower my handicap.  I'm a healthy 26 -- yes, I get 2 pops most holes and feel great when I'm playing bogie golf (or even double bogie golf).  It's a good walk spoiled, and on a nice day there's nothing I'd rather be doing, assuming I'm not firing up the egg.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Don't have time for golf and sailing. I go sailing. Enjoyed golf a lot
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    tgkleman said:
    Love golf.  I am a 10, but shot my career low this summer.  +2 at Caledonia in Pawleys Island, SC.

that's a remarkable score for a ten you sandbagger. Nice little track huh?
    My favorite course in South Carolina bar none, including my home course in Spartanburg.  I did play it from the whites, so it wasn't a very long course.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    +1 on Calendonia being a great course. Hard to beat it in the low country of SC!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    LOVE GOLF...not sure which I love more Golf or the Egg. I manage to get out once or twice a week and play to a 7. I love the outdoors and playing golf is a quick and easy way spend some quality outside time. I try to make it a family sport. My 9 year old LOVES it and my 6 year old is enjoying it as well. Nothing better than taking them for 9 holes on a Saturday afternoon. My 9 year old is playing pretty good for his age. My six year old is more interested in the flowers and the lizards, but she'll come around...maybe.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965

1. Ian Poulter is a little girl

2. on a good note Watson wont be Ryder cup captain again maybe we will win again 

3. working on improving my handicap after a few years off

4. maybe someone should start a WITB thread  

Hermosa Beach CA