Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's small and meager meal.

Options

Comments

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I keep looking at and wanting those potatoes.....great stuffing!!!
  • SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    Awesome Job!  I just ate and this made me hungry  =D>

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    The stuffing is incredible. You should try it some time. You won't be disappointed my friend.
    @SJ21XDC‌
    Thank you for the kind words brother SJ.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You hit 425 yet =))
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    I'm working on it ;)
    I am up to 242 though. Fixing to have to start back lifting weights. Getting a pretty good belly.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Great looking meal. It's hard to beat a good ribeye.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Everything looks great, but those potatoes really look great.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Everything looks great, but those potatoes really look great.

The shrimp, crab, bacon and cheese stuffing really goes well with them. You should give it a try some time. It's well woth the extra effort my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

@SGH Another fine cook my friend.

I noticed Unit 1 in the corner. How is the patio going?

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Suddenly I'mhungry for a hunk o' cow. Looks great. =D>

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    They don't let you in all you can eat buffets, do they SGH?   Well, they may let you in once...
    ;)

Food looks great as always!

LBGE/Maryland
  • SGH
    Options
    @KiterTodd‌
    Brother at the Boom Town all you can eat crab leg buffet, you can see their face go pail when I come through the door. They love me though ;)

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    Options
    I'm sure you could put a hurting on them my friend....a healthy appetite for sure! At least you can cook it great yourself!!! Otherwise a chef could be expensive...
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Brother I'm off at least until mid January. Any chance that you will be down around the coast between now and then?

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    Options
    I'd love to get there but this really is my crazy time. A lot of upcoming events also between now and then. That being said I'll see if I can plan something. It would be fantastic just to experience an all you can eat night out with you my friend....
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @SGH the next time I am on "That Side" of Biloxi can I please stop by for dinner?

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌
    Brother, I would be disappointed if you didn't. You are most welcome here my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Hey SGH, when you travel for work, do they reimburse your expenses or to save the accountants from having a stroke do they only pay a set per diem? My goodness!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌
    For the record my friend, it is my hope to get to meet everyone on this forum before my time here is done. A lot of truley talented folks and all around good people on here. I have had the honor to meet several thus far. I hope that this is a trend that continues. You stop by anytime my friend. And that goes for anyone reading this. You are all welcome here.

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks @SGH. I have not had the pleasure of meeting anyone here in person yet. @Jeremiah lives about 70 miles from me. I think he is the closest person to me here on the forum. 

I also hope to meet as many of you as I can. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌
    Gasoline is free for me if its work related. It goes right on a company credit card. Room and board as well. I do have to pay for food up front out of my pocket. It is turned in on monthly basis and then reimbursed. However there is a 50 dollar a day maximum so if I go over I have to eat it. I wind up going over pretty regular. If working off shore or over seas, the sky is the limit. It's 100 percent full covered. Food, tobacco, alcohol or whatever. They take care of it within reason. It's a pretty good deal all around.

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    When I worked as a buyer for E-Z-Go Textron they said they didn't pay for alcohol. Believe me they did. 

Some nights I decided that I wanted to drink my dinner! 

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    @sgh you're my hero.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    You go over the $50 per day food allowance pretty regular, eh?  Is that before lunch or after?  Thanks for the laugh buddy! :))
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

Thanks @SGH. I have not had the pleasure of meeting anyone here in person yet. @Jeremiah lives about 70 miles from me. I think he is the closest person to me here on the forum. 

I also hope to meet as many of you as I can. 
    Hey john you're welcome here anytime!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You go over the $50 per day food allowance pretty regular, eh?  Is that before lunch or after?  Thanks for the laugh buddy! :))

On a good day before. When I'm tired or under the weather I don't eat quite so much. So I guess it sort of evens out. However I do feel if they are good enough to pay up to 50 dollars a day, the very least that I can do is try to eat that much as often as I can ;)

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks @Jeremiah. The same applies to you here as well! 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Scottie, how does the rig work occur? Are you out on a platform for 2 weeks to a month and then get 2 months off or is it a feast/famine thing? You certainly don't work 9-5 and the hazard pay must be bonkers. It seems like you only work half the year! :))
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Also, that's pretty good for a guy who didn't make it past the 8th grade! ;)
  • SGH
    Options
    @Eggcelsior- It's very job specific. Examples- Fabrication of mainline. This will be done onshore in either Houston Tx or Theodore Al. Next year you can throw Gulfport Ms into that mix as well. McDermot is opening a spooling facility here. Riser tie ins. This will be done offshore and requires me stay on the platform. Subsea umbilicals, again this will be offshore. PLET or FLET work will be fabricated on land and then set subsea offshore so this will be some work on land and some offshore. As to my education. I did leave school in the 7th grade. But as I got older and tired of manual work I started studying and acquired a few certifications. I presently hold the following credentials. API-510, API-570, API-653, AWS- CWI, AWS-CRI, NACE Level 1 & 2. As you can clearly see by my above credentials I'm more than deserving of my wage. To be honest, I deserve much more. Not being a craftsman any longer, but in management I have had to spend upwards of 3 months offshore before. As much as 6 months over seas. I missed most of my children's life as I was always gone. But I put up a small fortune in return. Hence why I only work 5-7 months a year now. To put it mildly, I own out right two homes. Total properties, 180 acres. All paid for. I no longer have to work. I continue to work to set a special little person up for life that I love dearly. Please don't misunderstand. I'm not rich. Not by any means. But I sure ain't **** hurting either. I did do pretty good for a uneducated south Ms. Redneck. As always, I hope this helps and clarifys to some degree.

Status- Standing by.