Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Texas Cornbread for Henapple

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Last week @henapple ask how I did cornbread. I told him and did a recipe from memory. With my memory not real good for anyone so decided to make using recipe. A couple of glitches but they are corrected now. Mickeys Modified Texas Cornbread 2 C Lamb's Stone Ground Corn Meal (or any) 1 t Salt 2 Eggs 2 T Vegetable oil 2 t Baking Powder 2 T Sugar 3/4 C ButterMilk 5 thick crisp slice bacon crumbled Small or half lg onion Fry chopped bacon in bacon grease Fry chopped onion & jalapeño in grease Candied jalapeño or chopped reg fried with onion 3/4 can creamed corn Cup Shredded cheddar cheese preparation Preheat egg/oven to 400 degrees. Pour all ingredeints in a bowl and mix with a fork until blended (about 50 strokes). I put my bacon greased CI in the Egg/oven for a good 10/15 mins before pouring in batter. Pour batter into a pre-heated bacon greased CI skillet. Place skillet in Egg/oven and cook 30 minutes until fully baked. Top of the cornbread will be slightly brown and firm to the touch.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments