Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max arrives Nov. 2nd @ Roswell Hardware

Options
Stopped in yest to pick up some rub and another Yeti Rambler and got the word. The Dist gets them on the 1st, store gets on the 2nd. Around $500.00 I was told. Roswell Hardware is located in Roswell, Ga. FYI.

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    there have been many strange rumors that originate from roswell ...
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    They told me $594. They also told me Nov 2nd so I called tucker and they said no the 2nd to 3rd week in November. Hopefully RH is right. They also said they got 12 but they have had numerous people asking and they will all be gone that morning.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Gonna camp out in front of the store?

With a Mini?

And a Yeti?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Whenever it shows up I'll have one. Those guys over there are good. Personally I could care less if it's Nov or Feb. My 3 Eggs are keeping me occupied at the moment.
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    @THEBuckeye‌ I don't camp out at stores, do you?
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Nope. 

I'm waaay to old for that. 

A  simple play on the new IPhone.

Just having some fun, no offense! 

Where eggactly is Roswell Hardware?  I live in South Forsyth and would like to check it out. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Lowflyer
    Options
    All is good my friend. Roswell Hardware is: http://roswellhardware.doitbest.com/home.aspx
    Great folks. They have bent over backwards to help me on warranty issues, etc.
  • Lit
    Options
    I just preordered mine from them. Think they have 1 left. Also they are offering a deal on presales not gonna say what but its a decent amount below retail.
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    I just spoke to Gary @ RH. Preorder price is $494.00 nest included.
  • Lit
    Options
    Yeah didnt want to post it but I was happy. Roswell hardware is my 2nd favorite store behind Costco.
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    Gary asked me to post the price for those who are interested. Those guys have treated me well, like to help them out when I can.
  • weekender
    Options

@ Lowflyer - Thanks for the pricing heads up.  Do you know how much a platesetter is for the Minimax?

Northwest GA, Large BGE (w/Nest), Plate Setter

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    494 plus a nest? My Xmas list just got filled up! I can't wait to tailgate next year with this bad boy!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Just scratching my head...if the Motherhouse says the MSRP is $596 but these guys are selling them for $494 then I wonder what the selling price will be in other parts of the country. We all know shipping costs get passed on but other wholesalers are known to make sure their dealers stick close to the MSRP. Any dealers want to reply?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    Not sure @weekender. I'm hoping my small woo will fit. Pretty sure it will.
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    $48 for plate setter I'm told.
  • Lit
    Options
    @RRP the distributor here from what I was told limits mark downs to 15% that's why I didn't want to post the price.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just scratching my head...if the Motherhouse says the MSRP is $596 but these guys are selling them for $494 then I wonder what the selling price will be in other parts of the country. We all know shipping costs get passed on but other wholesalers are known to make sure their dealers stick close to the MSRP. Any dealers want to reply?
    Eggs by the Bay, in Santa Clara, CA is accepting pre-orders at $649 according to their FB page. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I've been told that these are being released in two waves. The first wave in early November and the second in early December. Dealers will have limited access to them until the full release. (whenever that is...) 
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Lowflyer said:
    $48 for plate setter I'm told.
    You were told correctly
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    RRP said:
    It's the mothership and they say $598. 
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    My dealer in Indianapolis, Sullivan Hardware, just called me and I placed my order. They should have them next week. Ordered the plate setter as well. $598 for the MM and $48 for the plate setter. Will be a great Thanksgiving - turkey on the large and the honey-baked ham recepie on the mini-max.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I just pre ordered mine, I will post the arrival and first cook soon hopefully.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    dihtn said:
    My dealer in Indianapolis, Sullivan Hardware, just called me and I placed my order. They should have them next week. Ordered the plate setter as well. $598 for the MM and $48 for the plate setter. Will be a great Thanksgiving - turkey on the large and the honey-baked ham recepie on the mini-max.

$100-$200 difference from Georgia to Indianapolis or California - Wow they must ship one mini max on each pallet by itself.  I know Georgia is a pre-order special price but I would not think that shipping a skid filled with them would be that much more.

Am I missing something?

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• BigGreenPackerFan
    Options
    BigWader said:
    dihtn said:

$100-$200 difference from Georgia to Indianapolis or California - Wow they must ship one mini max on each pallet by itself.  I know Georgia is a pre-order special price but I would not think that shipping a skid filled with them would be that much more.

Am I missing something?

The 598.00 price is the correct price for the Mini-Max plus 48.00 for the plate setter. I could maybe see how shipping would be slightly higher for going all the way to the West coast.

@dihtn I hope you get yours in time for your honey-baked ham on Thanksgiving. Sounds like quite the meal. Turkey and Ham = great nap!

• dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    BigWader said:
    dihtn said:

Am I missing something?

The 598.00 price is the correct price for the Mini-Max plus 48.00 for the plate setter. I could maybe see how shipping would be slightly higher for going all the way to the West coast.

@dihtn I hope you get yours in time for your honey-baked ham on Thanksgiving. Sounds like quite the meal. Turkey and Ham = great nap!

Thanks BGPF!  Update form the dealer-looks like it will be arriving more towards the end of the month.  Wonder what the demand is-might be pretty high.

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

$649 in AZ WITHOUT platesetter but WITH nest.  I ordered and paid for mine, with tax it's $704 out the door.

it'll be worth it, I can already tell.

• Lowflyer
    Options
    Just got word it may be mid Nov until pick up :((
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    You can come get mine How much should I ask. It is in the garage as we speak
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

$649 in AZ WITHOUT platesetter but WITH nest.  I ordered and paid for mine, with tax it's $704 out the door.

it'll be worth it, I can already tell.

Same price I paid for Eggfest Demo Large with platesetter and nest 2 years ago. Can't believe how the fast the prices are hitting the clouds.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas