Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Loin Chops & Zucchini on the Mini

Eight lamb loin chops cooked direct on the Woo with some pecan chips for a little smoke:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Flipped: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Finishing up with the bone side down: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
While the chops rested I put on some zucchini that had been soaked in balsamic vinegar: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Topped with a little cheese: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
It was a nice meal. Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Practice for the summer class I see....looks great.

Putting that Mini thru its paces.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Yes, practice and practice tastes good. :D
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Those are some beautiful looking chops. Great pictures. From a guy who rarely cooks lamb...hell hardly never...only once or twice...what is the ideal IT temp for lamb chops?135? 140? I need to try lamb more, its just usually way more expensive and to be honest I'm a bit nervous of screwing it up.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    @griffin - Lamb chops are great and cook like steak. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • R2Egg2Q
    @griffin, I aim to pull them off at 130 for med rare. Depending on your preference for doneness your "ideal" temp could vary a little either direction.

Bay Area, CA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Nicely done! What did you marinate or rub the chops with?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • jamco
    jamco Posts: 13
    @R2, I'd like to try my hand at lamb on the Egg.  What dome temp did you cook these and how long on each side?
  • R2Egg2Q
    edited February 2014
    Marinade-
    Chopped fresh herbs:
    1 TBS thyme
    1 TBS oregano
    1 TBS rosemary
    2 cloves of garlic, minced
    Zest of 1 lemon
    1 tsp kosher salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/4 cup EVOO

A dusting of DP Red Eye Express was applied before cooking. Cooked at about 400-420 for about 3 1/2 mins per side and a min or two upright.

Bay Area, CA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I discovered those loin chops a few years ago.  They cook fast, but they're easy as long as you don't overcook them. Delicious, and yours look great!
    NOLA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    those lamb loin chops are my favorite cook, always looking for the manager special on those :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Handsome cook! Nice photos. I am going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited February 2014
    Beautiful cook!!

No flames though. :(
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • R2Egg2Q
    cazzy said:

Beautiful cook!!

No flames though. :(

Ha! Believe it or not, I don't reverse sear everything all of the time. :>

Bay Area, CA
  • Amazing looking cook
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Salivating
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • R2Egg2Q
    Thanks all for the kind words!

Bay Area, CA
  • The zucchini also looks great.  I'd never heard of soaking them in balsamic vinegar.  Does it impart a little bit of a tart taste?
    XL BGE
  • R2Egg2Q
    I don't really consider it tart but it does have a mild balsamic vinegar flavor which I really like.

Bay Area, CA
  • Drool.......Love Lamb

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Hi John- Great to meet you at EBTB yesterday, appreciated your time and your presentation on the lamb chops...they were delicious; can't wait to try them at home!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    That looks like a tasty meal! I will have to give that zucchini a try, sounds great!  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    MikeL_sj said:
    Hi John- Great to meet you at EBTB yesterday, appreciated your time and your presentation on the lamb chops...they were delicious; can't wait to try them at home!

Hey Mike,
    It was nice to meet you as well! Glad you enjoyed the lamb. Welcome aboard the forum.

Bay Area, CA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @R2Egg2Q‌
    Simply awesome looking grub. Way to show off with the mini as well brother R2. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• the marinade on those chops is tantalizing
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    we eat a lot of zucchini at my house. gonna give these a try!