Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Tri-tip

Options
Cruising through the meat department at Costco yesterday and I found a two pack of tri-tips. I have been wanting to try it for a long time but I've not been able to find real tri-tip in my area, so I was pretty excited.

I seasoned with DP Raising the Steaks and did a reverse sear with 400 indirect followed by ~550ish for the sear. Pulled at 130 IT and rested 10 min. During the indirect cook I basted every 15 min or so with a 50/50 mix of red wine vinegar and EVOO.

My wife usually hates anything that is not well done, but I prepped her that this had to be medium and she needed to trust me.

This was I think the best thing I've ever made on the egg. Phenomenal. The wife loved it too. Between us and the boy there were only four slices left when we were through. Can't wait to do the second one.

Comments