Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite music to Egg by?

Options

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lit said:
    I usually set Pandora on sublime, marley, or cash

Which Marley?  Bob, or . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFJhIqCAEwA

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Both marleys are good. Saw ziggy live in college at a hotel in Melbourne Florida on the beach it was pretty cool. Another good choice is Michael Franti if you like either Marley.
  • Sardonicus
    edited August 2014
    Options

Franti's okay albeit lacking the the Marley edge that I like.  Good sound nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWnBmHl95s

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Sardonicus
    Options

Good one, Lit!

"Skin of the Drum" is serious flow.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Can't go wrong with Willie & Johny Cash

Live--Toby Keith&Willie Nelson----Never Smoke Wee…: http://youtu.be/lrddy4FGT6Q

Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson : I Still Miss Someone: http://youtu.be/EYs1PDgqm3o
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Sardonicus
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hah!

Willie Nelson makes me smile.

So does listening to these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onnE7vOIyvs

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Flying Colors, from their sophomore album:

I have their first album, it's good but I wasn't going to look for them especially, but this video (the chord changes are AWESOME) will have me ordering this one.  Yeah!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Options

This 15-piece band has been around awhile, I just learned of them.
    Killer!  Think ToP with more of a rock, rather than funk, beat.  Me Likey!!  

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Allmans, Dave Mathews, moe, dead, Marley, Jupiter coyote, widespread panic, 311, the Connells, phish, old vertical horizon, a few others but those are the go to options. Lately I have been listening to the Sirius XM all live music channel on my sonos. It is a good station, a lot of variety all recorded at shows.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I seem to go either Arctic Monkeys or Johnny Cash on the Pandora One app for my egging, drinking, cigar go to music... Tonight's the Arctic Monkeys
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm a Bob Marley Fan
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

Anything from Patsy Cline to Seether, Linkin Park,Jethro Tull and that 80's crap my husband listens to..LOL!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Beavercreek_Smoker
    Options
    Caned heat channel on Pandora radio. Got a big Bluetooth speaker that I use. Life is good.
  • Labguy
    Labguy Posts: 7
    Options
    I have to go with Zac Brown Band...
    EGGin' in Minnesota!
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    Been listening to some "Blackberry Smoke" lately

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Avett Brothers station on Pandora.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Labguy said:
    I have to go with Zac Brown Band...
    Cant go wrong with Zac!

I'm normally listening to country or classic rock (think 60's, 70's and 80's) when egging. Nothing better than good music, a cold one, and the aroma of smokin' meats!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Been loving The Byrds Sweetheart of the Rodeo.... Gram Parsons at his finest B-)
  • tickbyte
    Options
    Pandora- Johnny Cash
    Large Egg.   Pflugerville, Texas  I Also brew my own beer
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Phatchris said:

Been loving The Byrds Sweetheart of the Rodeo.... Gram Parsons at his finest B-)

Grievous Angel is a bit stronger, IMHO. Return of the Grievous Angel is one of my 5 favorite songs of all time.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Botch
    Options

The songs on this album were recording during the Division Bell sessions, but did not make that particular album.  Still, it's Pink Floyd, while Richard Wright was still alive.  I bought the more expensive set that included the album mixed to 5.1 Surround Sound on Bluray.  If you're an audiophile, you'll love this (the drums in particular are beautifully recorded).  
    Don't know if this is exactly "egg" music, rather turn out the lights, listen, and nurse a Pinot...  
    B-)

• thetrim
    Options
    Love iHeartRadio played thru a wireless table we picked up at Sam's.  Bob Marley, Zach Brown Band most often (Yes, we are in Florida), w Danzig, Rage Against the Machine and Tool thrown in there when I'm Egging alone
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    thetrim said:

Love iHeartRadio played thru a wireless table we picked up at Sam's.  Bob Marley, Zach Brown Band most often (Yes, we are in Florida), w Danzig, Rage Against the Machine and Tool thrown in there when I'm Egging alone

Rage? That's working music! Egg time should be a little less errr political. ;)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    And I failed to mention CLUTCH.  I hate the hate, racial strife, race baiting, highly political edge of RATM, but they have some great music.  Wish they could find a way to go back on tour.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • UncleFred
    Options
    O.K. ...music is subjective, "Different strokes for different folks" (2 points for naming the song/group THAT came from) BUT don't get locked into one or two types of music.  Check...out...new/different...stuff.  You might find that you like it!!

Of course I have a suggestion for something I'd like you to try.  It's called "Electro-Swing" and it is much bigger in Europe than here in the states. Some of it is "new" but a lot of it is 1930's-40's big band stuff mixed with current beats. It's been around for 10-15 years.

There are a number of groups and individuals in this field, but if you put Parov Stelar or Tape Five into a music program like Pandora you'll get a good selection of stuff in the genre.  ...and don't make up your mind after just 1-2 songs.  Give it 1/2 hour to an hour so you get exposed to different artists and then let me know what you think.

Hey, I'm older than dirt and I really like it!! ...and i DO listen to it while egging.
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited November 2014
    Options
    thetrim said:

Jeremiah said:

thetrim said:

And I failed to mention CLUTCH.  I hate the hate, racial strife, race baiting, highly political edge of RATM, but they have some great music.  Wish they could find a way to go back on tour.

@thetrim‌ I've seen Rage a couple times in concert and they put on a great show. Rumor has it that they might be getting back together and only play their self-titled album. Probably just a rumor but was mentioned on the radio a few days ago.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • AintEZbeingme
    Options
    Buffett, trop rock, classic rock, real country(not this crap today). Pump it up and let it go!
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• Botch
    Options
    UncleFred said:
     It's called "Electro-Swing" and it is much bigger in Europe than here in the states. Some of it is "new" but a lot of it is 1930's-40's big band stuff mixed with current beats. It's been around for 10-15 years.

That sounds interesting, will check it out tonight.  
    What I'd REALLY like to hear, is the opposite: nothing makes my foot tap more furiously than a good swing-jazz drummer, as in the 30's-40's big bands, mix that with today's crunchy guitar and percolating synth sounds.  THAT I'd like to hear!  

• Spring Chicken
    Options

The Chicken Dance, of course.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb9FwlubyIQ but only when I'm feeling my rum.

But I have the Coop Radio dialed into a local radio station that plays classic legends country and western music from the 1960's 70's and 80's.  The 'Girls' seem to like it too.

Spring "Classic Legend In My Own Right" Chicken

Spring Texas USA