Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Corn Bread Receipe

Options
H Eggers

A while ago I had a recipe for Jalapeno corn bread that I think was entitled "Texas Corn Bread" In the recipe there was a picture of the corn bread displayed in a Texas shaped baking tin.

Has anyone seen this that can give me a pointer to it? It might have been in this forum but maybe not.

Thanks,

Jeff 

Comments

• jasperga
    Options
    Well I found the recipe and it is entitled "Best Jalapeno cheese cornbread EVER" . The only problem is that the sugar content is messed up in the printing and is listed as:

⅓ Cup Sugar

Does anyone know the correct amount of sugar. I messaged the author but he has not responded yet.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    For mine I use a reg recipe and add crisp cooked chopped bacon, candied jalapeño,chopped onions, cheddar cheese, and cream corn plus a couple extra table spoons sugar.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Pepe Le Pew
    Options
    1/3 cup.

From Pepe Le Pew, aka Village Idiot.
  • jasperga
    Options
    thanks Pepe !!!

I am having a lot of trouble locating plain drinkable Yogurt -- will regular plain Yogurt work as well?

Jeff
  • Mickey
    Options
    jasperga said:
    thanks Pepe !!!

I am having a lot of trouble locating plain drinkable Yogurt -- will regular plain Yogurt work as well?

Jeff

Are we still talking cornbread?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Pepe Le Pew
    Options
    jasperga said:
    thanks Pepe !!!

Jeff
    Use buttermilk.  Just as good.
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Won't let me put the site up but you can google Texas Cornbread and a recipe with a Texas shaped pan is on the list.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Mickey said:

For mine I use a reg recipe and add crisp cooked chopped bacon, candied jalapeño,chopped onions, cheddar cheese, and cream corn plus a couple extra table spoons sugar.

Exact amounts please?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    edited October 2014
    Options
    henapple said:
    Exact amounts please?

I started with somewhat the recipe from Lambs Stone Ground Yellow Cornmeal and play around from there. I eat this stuff for breakfast cold. I have never written it down till now and I hope I am close as I never measure anything. Mickeys Cornbread...... 2 C Lamb's Stone Ground Corn Meal (or any) (I do not use any flour)... 1 t Salt... 2 Eggs... 2 T Vegetable oil... 2 t Baking Powder... 2 T Sugar... 3/4 C ButterMilk... 6 crisp slice bacon crumbled... Fry chopped onion in bacon grease ... Candied jalapeño or chopped reg fried with onion... 3/4 can creamed corn... Cup+ Shredded cheddar cheese... preparation Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour all ingredeints in a bowl and mix with a fork until blended (about 50 strokes). I put my bacon greased CI in the oven for a good 10/15 mins before pouring in batter. Pour batter into a pre-heated bacon greased CI skillet. Place skillet in oven and cook 30-35 minutes until fully baked. Top of the cornbread will be slightly brown and firm to the touch.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

This is Michigan Corn Bread.  Jiffy Mix by Chelsea Milling Co., Chelsea, MI.

Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Thanks @Mickey. ..on the menu with chili this weekend. @Fred19Flintstone‌. ..Michigan would screw up a wet dream. :((
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:
    @Fred19Flintstone‌. ..Michigan would screw up a wet dream. :((

Flint, Michigan