Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just purchased a mini on ebay. need your thoughts

Options
Its a brand new Heineken promotional mini with the stand. Brand new in the box. Got it for $355 with free shipping. You guys think that its a good deal?
St. Johns County, Florida

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    No for 45 more could have gotten one with a lifetime warranty
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    On the good side is the guts to it are not very expensive. You have it, enjoy.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    If it's brand new in the box I would still try to register for the warranty. Never hurts to try. Have fun with it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    oooffff...didn't think about the damn warranty. Ive had to use it once on my large BGE. Oh well, lesson learned.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I'm with @shtgunal3‌ I'd still try to register it. Worst case they tell you "no way José".
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MaC122
    Options
    Ok, found out is was a sweepstakes from Heineken that ended in late September. They were giving away a certain amount of these eggs. I MIGHT be able to claim a warranty on it, but I doubt it. Either way, my collection of the eggs grows! Much to the dismay of the wife.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    My mini base cracked in year 1.

Budt it was usable and if not replace I'm sure would be fine to this day.
    Seattle, WA
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    a heineken while egging.....must be me but not sure they are a good mix.......just don't think of heiny as a bbq/grillin' beer.......

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Congrats the mini rocks. Cooking turkey burgers on mine now.
  • MaC122
    Options

I'm with @shtgunal3‌ I'd still try to register it. Worst case they tell you "no way José".
    we need a st agustine egg fest!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    @tjv I've never met a beer that I wouldn't drink while egging. :D;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I have no warranty on my mini and it cooks just fine...
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• MaC122
    Options
    I am soo torn. I want to give this mini as a gift to my 70 years parents. They will never use it, but the funny thing is that they bought me LARGE bge . mY DAD is still stuck on the old propane. Here you go Dad......enjoy your mini!
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    Only two brews to chose from at the Egg Fest...Heineken and Amstel light.....
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Hey, I knocked down a couple of Heinies when I fired up my mini last month... Nothing quite like a cold heinie if ya know what I mean.

I even cooked up some exotic food for the first cook... Hebrew Nat hotdogs  
    =))

Congrats on a great little cooker.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    I am soo torn. I want to give this mini as a gift to my 70 years parents. They will never use it, but the funny thing is that they bought me LARGE bge . mY DAD is still stuck on the old propane. Here you go Dad......enjoy your mini!

That is so cool. Have three Eggs and if I had to get rid of two I would keep the Mini.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Don't let these nay sayers spoil your purchase. Just cook on it and don't look back. The odds of it cracking are slim to none.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

Keep Calm...Grill On!!!

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI