Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone want to take odds on MiniMax countdown to delivery?

2»

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I think we should all pick dates and see who is closesest. I'm going Nov 17. No idea why. Just popped into my head.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    I'm saying November 11th as that is when my dealer gets his truck in.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I'll go with November 21st, as that is my wife's birthday!  

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I am on PTO the 3rd, 7th, 14th and 21st so I hope its one of those.
  • Ace called me today and said I should get mine around Thanksgiving. Not holding my breath either,
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490

Well, I got my call today from my BBQ store and placed the order.  NO platesetter included and I did NOT order a PS.  Out the door with tax was $704.  As much as that hurts, i'll forget all about it when cooking on that MiniMax on the beach in Mexico, at a tailgate party in Tempe, and anywhere else I take the mighty MiniMax. 

BBQ place couldn't tell me when it will arrive but they expect it sometime in the first or second week of November

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    @lit  Only one choice..... I say Nov 15 in honor of Nov 15, 1864 - Former LSU President General William Tecumseh Sherman burning Atlanta (Tucker) and beginning his march to the sea.  Seems appropriate given the circumstances...
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • westernbbq

thetrim-

I like that.  good mojo...

• r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Wow!!! $704 out the door with no PS? With every thread/post I read, that KJ jr is looking better and better. Just wish that costco roadshow would come to a costco near me.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    I picked up a Joe Jr and love it. Much cheaper and cooks great. I have used it for the last three days since the purchase. It responds so much quicker than the XL. I'M happy thus far.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I spoke to the distributor at the Okie Eggfest today. He said his market (Missouri and Oklahoma) will be getting their truck on the 6th then each store will get one egg, he was under the impression most places will keep the first egg to demo and help pre-sell others. Then each place will get 6-7 minimax eggs between now and the end of the year, if they are lucky. However after the first of the year they will have truckloads of them! So 2015 is looking more realistic, atleast for the smaller markets like where I live.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    edited October 2014
    @Solson005-great to see you back on the forum.  Your cooks have always been inspiration.  I especially appreciated the mileage you got from your SBGE.  That said, I would  suspect a marketing  challenge to see where the mini-max works for the SBGE aficionados. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Thanks @lousubcap I've tried to have good stories told with pictures for my posts, lately work has gotten the best of me. But I'm still around and cooking away on both the large and the small egg! I agree with you and am curious to see the minimax in action. I have no problem bringing my small places, but having an egg that is even more portable with the same cooking surface should be great. I wish they would have had one at the EggFest today, but I will just have to check it out at a later time. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I'll say Nov 17th our Son's 20th Bday. Hopefully sooner though. Mine has already been ordered along with several others from my dealer. We'll see I spect.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • westernbbq
    r8rs4lf said:
    Wow!!! $704 out the door with no PS? With every thread/post I read, that KJ jr is looking better and better. Just wish that costco roadshow would come to a costco near me.
    yeah that hurt but now that it's in my possession, I'm glad to have it. if I knew about the KJ JR Roadshow at Costco and all the drama waiting for the BGE MM to be delivered, I would have gotten the KJ JR back in May or June.  but, what's done is done and I'm very glad I have this one