Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Name Plate.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Just bored. I thought it turned out pretty good though. May make one for my mini and large BGE as well.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Sweet!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

@SGH I thought it was your new belt buckle!!

Looks good..

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Are you very handy or do you have a machine?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HarrisFrampton
    Options
    Very nice.

Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    And just how long would it take to get one of those shipped to Alabama. With my initials of course.

Just kidding.... Looks good brother man.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Hotch said:

Looks good..

He would have to live in Texas to have a belt buckle like that.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Hotch said:

Looks good..

He would have to live in Texas to have a belt buckle like that.

After what we did at the Brisket Camp in NOLA, I hereby make @SGH an Honorary Texan.

OK, you can put on your buckle now.

:-bd ^:)^ :)>-
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Are you very handy or do you have a machine?

Brother I picked up a small obsolete CNC machine. It's still good for making small what knots and such.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Did you cut/mill that or anodize?
  • SGH
    Options
    It's milled out.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I cut a 16 x 16 blank on the bandsaw. Then the CNC cut the angles and initials.

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Very nice name plate my friend...
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Oh Man! @SGH! You just started a project that will help to fund your new "cooking recreation area!" That looks very cool. I would order one from you right now (if you're taking orders that is...).
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Very cool!
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Little Steven
    Options
    SGH said:
    It's milled out.
    Couldn't see the depressions from the pic. Nice!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    SGH said:
    It's milled out.
    Couldn't see the depressions from the pic. Nice!

Steven I have been trying to email you and they are not getting there. Please email me at mjrawls@me.com
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Thats pretty sweet!!

I agree with minniemoh..... if you're not careful you may just be fielding orders soon. 

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • SGH
    Options
    @mcmac‌ @Little Steven @anton @minniemoh‌ @anzyegg‌
    Thank you all for the kind words my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @mcmac‌ @minniemoh‌
    This is a service that I will be offering after the first of the year. They will be offered in your choice of aluminum, 316 SS or 347 SS. Will be glad to cut out something for yall.

Status- Standing by.

• mcmac
    Options
    Oh, thats too cool!! I'll have give it some thought. Would love to have something like that to hang on my patio cover and or shed. I'll let you know for sure in a PM.

Thanks my friend.

Hillsboro OR
  • SGH
    Options
    Just know, due to my machine being old and small, size is limited to no more than 16x16.

Status- Standing by.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    How about a 16X16 with AAS?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• mcmac
    Options
    No problem there.

Hillsboro OR
  • SGH
    Options
    @shtgunal3‌
    Due to final mill it would be 15.5 x 15.5

Status- Standing by.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    That works for me brother man.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    As much as I know I should leave this thread alone, coupled with the lack of near-term World Series entertainment and poor judgment (adult beverage influenced) compels me to ask-"Texas sized initials'"...and the attraction is...?  Feel free to enlighten me.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Options
    Well done Amigo! (Open an Ebay store or Etsy?)
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • SGH
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    As much as I know I should leave this thread alone, coupled with the lack of near-term World Series entertainment and poor judgment (adult beverage influenced) compels me to ask-"Texas sized initials'"...and the attraction is...?  Feel free to enlighten me.  

I just thought they would look cool on Unit 6. At charities and events SGH is the banner I cook under as well

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice work. That would be pretty epic with SS on my SS table with my forum handle. I'm wanting to get my forum handle name carved into wood over a corn cob sort of shape for a handle on my LBGE & also for my MMBGE (when I finally receive it).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Very cool @SGH. Any chance you could mill the outside in the shape of Texas?