Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT I hope all of our Canadian Friends are out of harms way.

Options
Mross
Mross Posts: 338
What is going on in Canada the last couple of days? Is there a large Islamic presence there?

Duncan, SC

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I hope so as well. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    The Canadian soldier has succumbed to his injuries. Lest We Forget.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Chef Charles and @paqman - stay safe my friends.
    canuckland
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited October 2014
    Options
    hondabbq said:

True.

Also, the murderer is now wondering why all 72 of his virgin brides smell like sulphur

and look like Hell.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

I hope so as well. 

I was just going to say that there are probably 20,000 guys out around the Ottawa area moose hunting right now. Weather is too warm for da moose so I'm sure they would be happy to help.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    My building is under lockdown right now. Cannot leave office...

Options
    That sucks @paqman‌ .... Wishing you and all of our northern neighbors the best.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Stay safe my friends.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • paqman
    Options
    Thanks @shtgunal3‌

Nobody is hurt here. SWMBO is also ok. She had a meeting in the parliament building that got cancelled not too long before the shooting... her building is also under lockdown.

Options
    These are crazy times we are living in.  Everyone please stay vigilant.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    edited October 2014
    Options
    paqman said:
    My building is under lockdown right now. Cannot leave office...

My building is also under lockdown.  We have a birdseye view of the war memorial where the first shooting took place and we knew something was happening when all of the emergency vehicles started showing up.  My thoughts are with the reservist who died guarding our unknown soldier.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Just crazy. What possesses people to do crap like this. Stay safe folks.

hondabbq said:

True.

Also, the murderer is now wondering why all 72 of his virgin brides smell like sulphur

and look like Hell.

He must be wondering how he got to a Houston strip club.

Sorry just trying to lift the mood a bit.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Perhaps a male strip club ;)
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Calmer time, Canada Day 2014 on Parliament Hill.  Wondering what it'll be like next July.

canuckland
  • paqman
    Options
    The war memorial where the soldier was **** is just in front of my office. I did not realize that until I watched the news when I went back home last night. All day, I thought everything happened in the Parliament buildings. This is scary. We have armed guards everywhere in the building right now.

Options
    paqman said:
    The war memorial where the soldier was **** is just in front of my office. I did not realize that until I watched the news when I went back home last night. All day, I thought everything happened in the Parliament buildings. This is scary. We have armed guards everywhere in the building right now.
    Glad you are alright @paqman stay safe.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Prayers to the Canadian soldier and our brothers in Canada.....hope this is the last of these lone terrorists.....
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options

I hope so as well. 

I was just going to say that there are probably 20,000 guys out around the Ottawa area moose hunting right now. Weather is too warm for da moose so I'm sure they would be happy to help.
    I was one of those 20,000, don't live in Ottawa but ready to go with 'permit in hand' if required!

What a sad story to come home to.
    Sudbury, Ontario