Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eating lots of burgers off the Mini

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
imageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Mmm...my stomach just growled.  I got these cheesburgers mannnn.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68xlwtDVDgA
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Looks great Mic.  We are having burgers tonight.  Bought some local grass fed beef from Whole Foods and it should be to die for.
    Milton, GA.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Horrible! I'll be by to properly dispose of those burgers. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited October 2014
    Options
    fusionhq said:

Mmm...my stomach just growled.  I got these cheesburgers mannnn.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68xlwtDVDgA

No you did n't =)) =)) =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I'm loving the burgers....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Damn! I would destroy those.

I was lazy a couple of weeks ago and picked up Kobe beef patties from HEB. Two to a box, and they were pretty good. Not nearly as good as yours look though!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Nice and sloppy... They look perfect!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a home run to me brother Mick. =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    You don't like onions do you Mick?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• mcypert09
    Options
    Just had bacon cheddar pub burgers on my Egg today too :)

Appleton, WI and Baileys Harbor, WI (Kangaroo Lake)

Grilling and smoking meat year around (even in Frozen Tundra temperatures); tasting and brewing beer - like bourbon and whiskey too; fan of the Green Bay Packers

• Mickey
    Options
    mcypert09 said:
    Just had bacon cheddar pub burgers on my Egg today too :)

Have not put the raw chopped bacon In mine yet. How does it work out?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Mickey... those are some crazy looking burgers!! Never seen so many onions in one place before
    The Mini strikes again!
    =))
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Brisket burgers, right?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Brisket burgers, right?

Griff you will learn after a few more married years that if It Is Better that's no reason we cook it. My butt unless there is company involved is stuck 90/10 (and unless she is at the kids house in your part of the world). Oh, the 90/10 was a battle over her 95/5).

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I'm good with 90/10. As long as you have all the good add-ons to go with it. Like bacon, cheese, jalapeños, pepperoni slices and candied jalapenos. You know the good stuff.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Mickey
    Options
    Hotch said:
    I'm good with 90/10. As long as you have all the good add-ons to go with it. Like bacon, cheese, jalapeños, pepperoni slices and candied jalapenos. You know the good stuff.

You can see the dif in the burgers.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    you gonna build a mini holder for your new wheels. mickey's meals on wheels........

t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Mickey
    Options
    tjv said:
    you gonna build a mini holder for your new wheels. mickey's meals on wheels........

t

You have all the eqt. Think a gambled Large or Mini rack will sell?

• cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    That simply looks stunning. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    90/10? We do 80/20. All that extra fat just drips sdown onto the coals. If we were doing a skillet burger, I might go 90/10 as the burger cooks in the fat. Still, they look good. :-bd

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Options
    Griffin said:
    90/10? We do 80/20. All that extra fat just drips sdown onto the coals. If we were doing a skillet burger, I might go 90/10 as the burger cooks in the fat. Still, they look good. :-bd

Griff have you got to meet Linda? She thinks I am over weight :-O

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Somebody likes red onions!  :-bd

That looks like the burger Eddie Murphy described in a comedy skit many years ago.  Funny bit about his mom telling him as a kid that she could make a burger just as good as McDonalds, but then hand him a big "mom burger" with huge chunks of green pepper and onion sticking out.  HA!

Speaking of which, I like the big red onions steaks you have on there!  Try this if anyone reading hasn't.... take a big thick slice of red onion, brush it with olive oil, balsamic, S&P.  Throw it on the grill, only flip it once, serve as a side.  Awesome!  Might as well do the same with a whole portabello while you're at it, but those cook faster than the onion "steak" will.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Mickey
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Somebody likes red onions!  :-bd

That looks like the burger Eddie Murphy described in a comedy skit many years ago.  Funny bit about his mom telling him as a kid that she could make a burger just as good as McDonalds, but then hand him a big "mom burger" with huge chunks of green pepper and onion sticking out.  HA!

Speaking of which, I like the big red onions steaks you have on there!  Try this if anyone reading hasn't.... take a big thick slice of red onion, brush it with olive oil, balsamic, S&P.  Throw it on the grill, only flip it once, serve as a side.  Awesome!  Might as well do the same with a whole portabello while you're at it, but those cook faster than the onion "steak" will.

I do the salt and oil always. Will try adding balsamic. Thanks

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,772
    Options
    looks good to me even if it is 90/10
    :D  wouldnt a fattier burger shrink down more as the grease leaks out and be less calories
    :D  these dietitians look at things upsidown
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    85/15 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey, have you ever added the candied hallow-peen-yos to the mix? Our favorite butt doctor sent me some so I was considering it for my tailgate cook coming up.
  • Mickey
    Options

Mickey, have you ever added the candied hallow-peen-yos to the mix? Our favorite butt doctor sent me some so I was considering it for my tailgate cook coming up.

YES!!! Chopped and a little juice