Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big City Jawja Brunswick Stew and a little Cabbage

Why I have an XL !!! That ain't no baby size Dutch Oven !!

Thanks BIG CiTY !! Love that music of yours too.

Thanks Rockwood, too !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Tell me more about the cabbage. Wife and I love cabbage but I haven't tried it on the egg yet.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    I got a recipe on here and altered it. I'll see if I can find it. I'll be back !!

• dldawes1
    I just searched cabbage and Smoked Cabbage by YB in a post from Feb came up.

• dldawes1
    For a real treat or an alternative to chili, try this Big City Jawja Brunswick Stew!! This stuff is delicious. Thanks again folks for the recipe. I got it here : www.bigcityrocks.com. And yes Big City cooks on a Big Green Egg!! Awesome country music !!! Thanks, Donnie

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Man, that stew looks sooo good! I have GOT to try that recipe. Haven't had any in a coon's age! Thanks for the reminder. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    looks awesome i just did brunswick stew the other weekend first time for it and everyone loved it .What size Dutch oven is that i need bigger than my 7quart 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Good looking pot of soup!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• Looks outstanding!  I've been meaning to try that recipe.  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • dldawes1
    @BIGPHIL,,,,6 quart. DO.  It aint big enough !!!!

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    @dldawes mines 7 i need a 12 

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    That wouldn't have lasted long at my house..