Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apple Harvest Eggfest - Roll Call

Options
Who else is going to Apple Harvest Eggfest at Aamodt's Apple Farm?  Last years was great!!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I would love to attend brother, but it's a bit out of the way for me my friend. Hope you have a great time.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I've looked into being a cook in the past but have been turned off by their food rules. You have to use one of their food items they sell in every cook. What? That's not very fun as a cook. I also find this funny: Cooks should bring their own food for 400 ticket holders ”remember just a taste” Ummmm no. I'll bring what I want and serve it until it runs out like any other eggfest!

It's probably a great place to host a eggfest and try out new recipes. The rules just rub me the wrong way...
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I'm with you @WeberWho?‌ They asked me at eggfest if i would cook there and i told them i don't like their rule of needing to use their product in what i make. She rolled her eyes, slid a flyer in the corner of my table and walked away as i threw away her flyer.
    We cook because we enjoy it and they want us to pay for everything and they get to say it was their apple products making everything so good.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Justacookin
    Options

I will be there it is my first. looking forward to it. 

XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • Justacookin
    Options
    Vees who did you vote for I voted for the couple all decked out in Green Bear gear their pulled pork had a lot of flavor. But the best part was I have been wanting a second egg and my wife saw the picture of the Mini Max and said she could see me having one of those that is all she needed to say came home went to Ace have one on order already paid for.
  • VeesEgg
    Options
    Have to ask. Why wouldn't you order it from Poolside who was there on site putting the event on? They are top notch and the first BGE dealer in the Midwest I believe
  • Metalmaker
    Options

They changed it to 250 people. Wife and I got there about 10 am and spoke with everyone who was cooking. It was great fun to see what they were making and what ingredient they used from the orchard. I don't want to sound contrary but I see no problem using something from the apple store. The location was great, the weather was perfect and Stu had that XXL absolutely stuffed with meat and a huge apple pie. The couple with the pulled pork used apple butter rub on their pork butt and it was delicious. They got my vote. Two guys across from them made a chicken meatloaf that was really good. I will definitely be cooking there next year.

MM 

Cookin' outside in central Minnesota
  • Justacookin
    Options
    I was going to but he told me they had six coming when they ship and already have 10 people on the list. Called my dealer six blocks from house and he said they will be getting them also so that is why. But I agree with you they definitely were very nice people.