Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Midnight Special.

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    No sir they do not. Instead of naming them I give them a number. The one I call Unit 1 is actually one of my more recent purchased ones. The numbers have no significance at all. Just what I call them.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    When you start making them, I'm buying one.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options

You get the buddy discount my friend. You can count on it.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    SGH said:

@Phatchris‌- I take it you feel the same way brother Phat ;)

My truck actually gets 18 mpg, but it's got a 5.7 Hemi...
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2014
    Options
    SGH said:

Oh oh, do I get the frenemy discount?? :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    cazzy said:

SGH said:

Yeah, but you might want to send someone in your place to pick it up... b-(
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzy
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

cazzy said:

SGH said:

Yeah, but you might want to send someone in your place to pick it up... b-(

No kidding. Especially since he plans to drop me in 10 seconds flat. He also might bring his big black bouncer friend to beat me up. 8->
  • LeoHat2
    LeoHat2 Posts: 32
    Options
    about 15 years ago I worked the swing shift and would get home about 1am. It never occured to me to NOT BBQ in the middle of the night. Luckily I didn't get evicted when someone called the Fire Department.

• SGH
    Options
    LeoHat2 said:
    about 15 years ago I worked the swing shift and would get home about 1am. It never occured to me to NOT BBQ in the middle of the night. Luckily I didn't get evicted when someone called the Fire Department.

I try to cook day and night. There is just something special about firing a unit off at midnight or later. Almost a primal instinct. Seeing that smoke under the moon light just does something to me. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who does it my friend. Going to fire it off again in a few hours.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @SGH Is it possible to take 1 less pill a day? I just think you're missing some prime back and forth opportunities. You're slightly too under control atm. ;)
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    cazzy said:
    @SGH Is it possible to take 1 less pill a day? I just think you're missing some prime back and forth opportunities. You're slightly too under control atm. ;)

Jacksonville FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    cazzy said:

The dose is 1 60mg pill a day. Guess I could cut it in half ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    It does me a world of good. I'm about as laid back and easy going as you could ask for as long as I stay on it.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:

It does me a world of good. I'm about as laid back and easy going as you could ask for as long as I stay on it.

Maybe we could have like one pill free day a month? :-? We can schedule it and we'll make sure everyone day drinks that day and I'll stock pile my jabs until then. This will ensure chaos ensues and that you'll fly off the handle! :D
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    @cazzy‌ and @SGH‌ I can't wait till I see pics of you two hugging it out! Meds or no...

• SGH
    Options
    hapster said:
    @cazzy‌ and @SGH‌ I can't wait till I see pics of you two hugging it out! Meds or no...

All jokes a side. I actually have a lot of respect for cazzys talents. His, Nola's, Cen-tex and brother Stricks posts was what got me to join this forum.

Status- Standing by.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    From what I gather @sgh works on oil rigs or something related, and he likes big knives. Not a guy I want off his meds!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    hapster said:

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • cazzy
    Options
    blind99 said:

From what I gather @sgh works on oil rigs or something related, and he likes big knives. Not a guy I want off his meds!

I've always enjoyed playing with fire. Keeps me alert!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    SGH said:

hapster said:

All jokes a side. I actually have a lot of respect for cazzys talents. His, Nola's, Cen-tex and brother Stricks posts was what got me to join this forum.

Quality people all over this forum, especially the ones you mentioned. Inspirations each in their own ways and methods...
  • cazzy
    Options

hapster said:

A more accurate depiction would be a father/son age difference. Just saying! ;)
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    cazzy said:
    hapster said:

A more accurate depiction would be a father/son age difference. Just saying! ;)
    Wait. @SGH is 89 and @cazzy is 23. That is a 66 year age difference. I'm thinking that is more like grandfather/grandson age difference. :D  =))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm outta here! All these compliments and hugs are going to make me say something nice.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    As you requested my friend. Unit #1.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:

@Mattman3969‌
    As you requested my friend. Unit #1.

I see what you did there. :P

Oh wait, I'm outta here.
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    I'm afraid to search for 89yr old hugging a 23yr old!!!

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Way to play @sgh.

analyze adapt overcome

• SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    Thank you brother. I thought that it was pretty cool myself ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Out of boredom I put hub caps on Unit 6 today.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:

Yes sir. My intent is to give all forum members that are wanting to step up to a offset a 500-800 dollar break on the price. Depending on what size unit and what options they purchase.

Status- Standing by.